Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

post-52292-0-60426700-1585427959_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-10765100-1585427987_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-10015300-1585428007_thumb.jpeg

Quick run to Calitzdorp for a little port, just prior to lockdown. Out via Outeniqua Pass and Mount Hope road. Decided to extend the run back via Huis Rivier Pass and Ladismith then the tar road to Riversdale via Garcia Pass and then home via Mossel Bay. 300 km became nearly 500!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice reminders of the satisfaction of a dirt or gravel road ride.

It would be maddening to have bought a bike just before lockdown and now I'm regretting not having taken a few long dirt rides early last week. But, in fairness, work was a little frantic and I did take pushbike rides Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon. Now I'm confined to keeping batteries charged, contemplating some maintenance and improvements while wondering if I will piss my neighbours off when I start the bikes once or twice a week.

Nice reminders of the satisfaction of a dirt or gravel road ride.

It would be maddening to have bought a bike just before lockdown and now I'm regretting not having taken a few long dirt rides early last week. But, in fairness, work was a little frantic and I did take pushbike rides Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoon. Now I'm confined to keeping batteries charged, contemplating some maintenance and improvements while wondering if I will piss my neighbours off when I start the bikes once or twice a week.

Ahhhh......start the bikes, they will get used to it! I have mine on battery monitors but I still start them because I like to hear them. Well, I don’t run the two old Honda’s currently residing in the lounge! Reason for their temporary lodging is the repainting of the garage and resurfacing of the floor.

Ahhhh......start the bikes, they will get used to it! I have mine on battery monitors but I still start them because I like to hear them. Well, I don’t run the two old Honda’s currently residing in the lounge! Reason for their temporary lodging is the repainting of the garage and resurfacing of the floor.

Well, I don’t run the two old Honda’s currently residing in the lounge!

Best place for your pride and joy. [emoji850][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Working from home has some advanteages. 

Spit an polish and looking beautiful. Turns 27 years old on the 5th of June. Looks neater than it is as i do need to tak off the swing arm and sand it down and the front forks... maybe do the wheels as well. 

post-58227-0-60648600-1585923886_thumb.jpg

I had a 900F ...a silver one. bought it for 1 995-00 in pristine condition second hand back in 19 eighty 4. Beautiful machine and it had the honda reliability. Rode it to 6 SAI and back many times. what a machine. 

Someone had to go out for some essentials today, so I volunteered.

Was great getting out for a quick ride, only downside now is what was supposed to satisfy my hunger for riding now has me yearning for more....9559eb40a07afb33436bf145e9c4f477.jpg

Watched a move called Road. Bout the Dunlop’s and road racing. On Prime but could be elsewhere.excellent flick.

Also watched Harley and the Davidson’s. Was on discovery and is now on YouTube. Excellent movie too.

Watched a move called Road. Bout the Dunlop’s and road racing. On Prime but could be elsewhere.excellent flick.

Also watched Harley and the Davidson’s. Was on discovery and is now on YouTube. Excellent movie too.

Will have a look at those.

Dusted of the IDT this morning and spent an hour spinning and watching a rediscovered YouTube channel MAD TV (Motorcycle Adventure Dirtbike TV).

A couple of good and entertaining overland adventures rides here.

I still get to ride to work every day. At the moment it's great because traffic is non existent and there's plenty of motorcycle parking at the hospital.

The downside is like BenReaper mentioned, there is that craving for more. My Husky's wheels have forgotten what dirt feels like.

Anyway, for all those cooped-up looking for some adventure (through a TV screen)...

...give the 3 Motonomad movies a watch.

Managed to get around to fitting my new stator... pretty straight forward job.. 

No new gaskets in the country (surprise!)... 

Used the gray gasket maker on either side of the old gasket and made do. 

Running the old oil for a few days (will do some shopping etc on it this week) then fresh oil and filter. 

Managed to get around to fitting my new stator... pretty straight forward job.. 

No new gaskets in the country (surprise!)... 

Used the gray gasket maker on either side of the old gasket and made do. 

Running the old oil for a few days (will do some shopping etc on it this week) then fresh oil and filter. 

You can also by the gasket material from any Midas, Autozone, etc, and use the old one as a template.

I used to use gasket maker till I read an article saying the little bit of excess squeezed out on the outside that you can see (and normally clean off), the same is happening on the inside and when that comes loose and clogs an oil passage. Disaster.......

You can also by the gasket material from any Midas, Autozone, etc, and use the old one as a template.

I used to use gasket maker till I read an article saying the little bit of excess squeezed out on the outside that you can see (and normally clean off), the same is happening on the inside and when that comes loose and clogs an oil passage. Disaster.......

Yeah, watched a series a few years ago of a guy who rebuilt an S2000 and used too much sealer on the sump.... Trashed. 

I used like a film of it on the gasket nothing came out! 

On this bike it calls for its use where the cable for the stator comes out, found some weird OEM "glue" on the inside, cleaned it all off! 

Also not a big fan of gasket maker for this very reason, will only use the absolute minimum when needed.

Did not know of the gasket material being sold at auto part stores, thanks for the tip, will go get me some once we're allowed out again.

Working from home has some advanteages.

Spit an polish and looking beautiful. Turns 27 years old on the 5th of June. Looks neater than it is as i do need to tak off the swing arm and sand it down and the front forks... maybe do the wheels as well.

Thought you sold this beaut?