Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Had a meeting out in Kalkbay this morning (From Sunnindale, or Blauwberg for those not so familiar with CT) .... given that we had rain and loadshedding, this trip would have taken at least 45min to an hour extra if I were not on the bike.

Tomorrow I have a Stellies trip, and am really looking forward to the ride out again.

Flipping loving this bike.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heed Crashbars were delivered from Poland this morning, took a week to arrive.

Barkbusters from PE on Monday.

Unfortunately not going to be able to fit this weekend as I'm away. Ideally, I could have taken the bike but SWAMBO is coming with.

Trying to find different places to stop and get a cold drink on the way home from Stellies ... this is a pub type place at a horse type place

image.png.066a6f1ba6531a8e64cc3a8f6b180b9c.png

Danny finally arrived, on a Harley that must surely have seen far more dirt than many a GS1200

Do any of you riff raff know of a site where you can identify a starting point and then request a selected radius from this point.

Basically I am looking for a Google Maps kind of layout where I can scribe a 200km radius from home, and then use this to plot rides.

I get around 250km per tank on mixed riding, so the idea is to ride outwards on one tank and ride back on another of petrol.

ok, I see with google earth you can measure and then use this to set out your range .... still a bit cumbersome though

image.png.e1d980c2910a0038f9b8e14c5afcb47c.png

7 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Calimoto will show you rides that others have logged in your selected area. Not the same but useful

will go look thank you

On 1/26/2023 at 12:35 PM, Hairy said:

Do any of you riff raff know of a site where you can identify a starting point and then request a selected radius from this point.

Basically I am looking for a Google Maps kind of layout where I can scribe a 200km radius from home, and then use this to plot rides.

I get around 250km per tank on mixed riding, so the idea is to ride outwards on one tank and ride back on another of petrol.

I am so old school……Slingsby Maps do it for me. I love opening them up and planning routes. Fairly pricy but I have them all. The detail and info on the maps is really excellent. I even carry my Swartburg and Klein Karoo map away at work here in Dubai………nice to see what dirt roads I still need to ride when I get home!

On 1/22/2023 at 5:50 PM, Thug said:

Some shots of the Tiger from this mornings ride. 

Stock tyres are Bridgestone Battlewings which I want to swop out to Michelin Anakee Adventures (80/20).

The Barkbusters should be here tomorrow and the Heed bars, later in the week. 

8D4C1C9C-71A7-4E31-AC82-61FA042C5157.jpeg

E425F093-382E-4092-A776-146277C91D51.jpeg

F5209083-B7E7-4279-BC27-835795E24BD5.jpeg

1636BD17-D4B1-44EC-9674-91BEF0C5CE3B.jpeg

C3912C5E-C96E-4E4B-AF2D-A55075CB9716.jpeg

Anakee Adventures are a solid choice. I took the big Katoom to Josie and back from Hoekwil, perhaps 70% rain each way and during the few days in Josie. Tyres highly recommended. They are very good on hard Karoo dirt roads too. However I do replace them with Anakee Wilds when predominantly on dirt.

Your Tiger is a fine machine!

11 hours ago, Spokey said:

I am so old school……Slingsby Maps do it for me. I love opening them up and planning routes. Fairly pricy but I have them all. The detail and info on the maps is really excellent. I even carry my Swartburg and Klein Karoo map away at work here in Dubai………nice to see what dirt roads I still need to ride when I get home!

The graphics and info look to be rather good

00_daydrives_3_B_side_1024x1024.jpg?v=1569009374

10 hours ago, Hairy said:

Good Idea / Bad Idea

Cool / Not Cool

I have not watched it, but it looks to be a good idea. Anything to add visibility!