Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Their dilemma is that it's the first year of an entirely new platform. I don't see them winning the championship on their first attempt, perhaps next year when they've been able to refine the package. You've got to remember that the KRT effort has been winning for the past four years, and they've not had to change much. Heck, they had to work with less last year as JR65 got hit with rev-limit penalties as he was wiping the floor with everyone. Instead of complaining about it, they focused on getting the bike through the corners faster and smoother. Ducati have gone and smashed as much power as possible out of a V4 platform in an attempt to catch up.

Rea was comfortably faster than anyone else, and even Bautista managed to embarrass Davies as a debutante on the new V4R, by riding it like a proper MotoGP bike, and not waiting until you saw death, brake, hope you make the corner and then climb on the gas as hard as possible.

I don't think there's going to be much of a shake-up this year to be frank. The KRT/JR65 package is just on another level.

Agreed, the fact that it is a frame less design with the engine as a stressed member is going to bite them hard in their development too.

I am not a big JR65 fan, he is a bit too arrogant for my liking. He has been on the best bike by some way, not to say its all about the bike but he basically does time trials.

I was chatting with a friend and described it as modern day Playstation bike games, where you start last, get to first and then basically ride to see how fast you can lap.

BORING!!!!

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more pics as requested @Hairy

I am wondering about the 883 more and more!! The mat black look is and lines are just so pretty!! 

I am wondering about the 883 more and more!! The mat black look is and lines are just so pretty!! 

The 883 has one problem. You'll get bored quickly and want to upgrade to the 1200. 

Almost two years now on the 1200 and it's a lot of fun still. Rode the 883 and it was seriously muted in power delivery. 

The 883 has one problem. You'll get bored quickly and want to upgrade to the 1200. 

Almost two years now on the 1200 and it's a lot of fun still. Rode the 883 and it was seriously muted in power delivery. 

But it is so pretty.... I get what you are saying. My dakkie is feeling bleh the last couple of weeks. And it is not happy with the 100km a day commute at highway speeds. 

But it is so pretty.... I get what you are saying. My dakkie is feeling bleh the last couple of weeks. And it is not happy with the 100km a day commute at highway speeds. 

Harley's are pretty & fun to ride sure, but very much doubt they're a good idea for 100km commutes at highway speeds.......many better options for this type of commute.

The BMW S1000RR HP4 on the floor at Donford Motorrad Cape Town has a tag of R1 395 000.

Phone them ask how much for the first service.

spoiler, R200k - R400k

spoiler, R200k - R400k

so the service is more expensive than my 2 cars and bike combined....

spoiler, R200k - R400k

is the first service not just an oil change? 

Harley's are pretty & fun to ride sure, but very much doubt they're a good idea for 100km commutes at highway speeds.......many better options for this type of commute.

Depends on the rider and which model I guess. I've done 500km trips with mine and I've done the 100km just for a quick ride kind of trips.

I'd have one issue with a 100km commute and that is filling up every day. Not the most fuel efficient. I normally see around 14 to 16km/l for daily riding. 20 to 21 on long hauls. 

Depends on the rider and which model I guess. I've done 500km trips with mine and I've done the 100km just for a quick ride kind of trips.

I'd have one issue with a 100km commute and that is filling up every day. Not the most fuel efficient. I normally see around 14 to 16km/l for daily riding. 20 to 21 on long hauls. 

MMMM makes one thinks. With my dakkie I get between 23 and 27 km/l.

Fill up after every 3 days

spoiler, R200k - R400k

This is a joke right? 

Please tell me its a joke! 

Please!

This is a joke right? 

Please tell me its a joke! 

Please!

Nope, the take out motor send back to Germany and rebuild it send back.

Only happens every 5000km, last quote I got was R450k