Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Didn't the Ducati Desmosedici RR cost around ZAR1million when released in SA.

I think it was close to R750k, client of mine has one and he said that he had to choose between the bike or a Land Cruiser and decided on the Ducati.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was close to R750k, client of mine has one and he said that he had to choose between the bike or a Land Cruiser and decided on the Ducati.

The bikes probably still worth that though. (Seriously)

In other news, Harley's electric bike....

Which I think looks really good, sadly

Looks like the old Kirby vacuum cleaner on wheels.

Anyone here using Extreme lights Premium Motorbike Spotlights? I see they have a special where you get the wiring harness with. Looking at buying it, but, are the on/off switch waterproof?

Fitted to my BMW F800 ST. Connected to the headlight switch. I use them " to be seen " , not " to see " , as I do no night riding. Does have a good " curb appeal " as well

In other news, Harley's electric bike....

Which I think looks really good, sadly

Harley appliances......commuter , fridges, etc ( sorry....what Blackbeard said above...suppose we agree ) Edited by Tromp

The BMW S1000RR HP4 on the floor at Donford Motorrad Cape Town has a tag of R1 395 000.

That carbon job in the box up on the shelf?

I saw a few bikes out in that absolute squall we had moving through Joburg late yesterday afternoon. I salute you and your grit!

I left the office at 15:00. Just missed it. 

a good couple of upgrades, she looks good

I took a seat on the 2018 street road and found that the pipe was in the perfect place to burn your right leg .... does not look like you have that issue at all?

Forgot to attach to my previous post. 

2016 model. Couple of upgrades.

42003932_265270284194472_525807093990470

Forgot to attach to my previous post.

2016 model. Couple of upgrades.

42003932_265270284194472_525807093990470

Look, I know a lot of guy's don't like Harley's and although I'll probably never buy one I do find myself contemplating them every so often.

Real beauty you have there Maxxis. [emoji108][emoji1690]

I took my wife to the bike shop. 

Only bike that they had on the floor where she could get her leg over, and barely touch the ground is the ninja 300. 

So for now, if we go somewhere, I have a "agteropie"

My fiancee rides a 250R Ninja. Awesome starter bike. she would be happy with the 300.

There is also now a 400.......

Wouldn't be surprising. That's not even double the 1199, is it? And it's the base for the superbike WC. 

And from HERE

Ducati has set the price for the Panigale V4 R at $39,995. It will arrive at dealerships March 2019.

The V4R is pretty much a road going MotoGP bike. It is also a limited, homologation model that Ducati has to put out to be able to run it in WSBK. There is a cap of 40k euro on these homologation models to cap technology , so basically at R669k it is a bargain because without the cap I reckon it would be significantly more!!!!!!!

The bikes probably still worth that though. (Seriously)

More, those Desmo's fetch big money, if you can find a clean one.......

The BMW S1000RR HP4 on the floor at Donford Motorrad Cape Town has a tag of R1 395 000.

THEE biggest failure by BMW, they admitted it themselves too in an article I read. Definitely not worth that amount of money at all!!!! It is carbon everything though, wheels, frame, swinger, etc........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)