Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the comments on that YouTube clip, it amazes me how many people talk absolute rubbish when it comes to Harley's. I don't say they the best but don't slate it if you have not tried it.

My wife has just been on a ITU Zoom chat and they were talking Covid (naturally) - one of the side effects post-Covid is elevated iron - so if you have Covid you need to stop taking iron.

So sorry for  all you Harley Owners - you're screwed now  :D  :D  :D

Edited by Andymann

We want chrome and lots of it.  :drool:

Looking at all those harlies, i prefer the clean uncluttered look of the basic models...

I enjoy bike rallies, i used to go to one or 2 a year including a private rally which we held at various locations every year in conjunction with a few mates. Its a great opportunity to let your hair down and chill a bit with like minded folks and see some nice machinery. And a great opportunity to ride your bike all over the country. I have always wanted to go the Sturgis , the pinnacle of rallies i spose. Time, money etc been the barrier. One day i hope to ...its on my biking bucket list like IOM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD1PA4kkyy8&feature=youtu.be

(edit: enough threads about the lurgy)

I went through Sturgis last year shortly after the rally. The aftermath did NOT make it seem like something I'd like to be part of....

Not to mention the housing most of the bikers had to stay in.....

I guess that's the price you pay for the experience haha

I had a Versys 300 which i commuted on for a winter, did about 4000 miles on it in 6 months. I was mightily impressed by its ability and being tall it fitted me well. Was relatively cheap and had all the safety mod cons.  Handled the salt and grim ok too. 

Great fuel consumption, comfortable and i could quite easily have toured europe on it if i wanted to. Could just get an old fashion ton out of it.

Cons were a lil underpowered but i do come from a motorcycling background. 

The small CC motorbikes are loaded with safety gear like ABS, slipper clutch, traction control etc which makes them attractive for new riders and get them into biking. Its us old timer bikers that need to get our heads around smaller CC bikes. 

Came into the bike shop for a brake bleed (Maguras), of course I had to have a go [emoji41]

WOW! An absolute hoot, took me back to my days mucking about on a Maico trials bike with my older boet ....5a045e7032fa393dc9757491f9b8e13b.jpg