Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/28/2022 at 8:27 AM, sawystertrance said:

Will do. In fact I was wondering about arranging a meet and greet ride maybe to Kleinmond or somewhere for Hub bikers to finally meet. Ideas?

I would be keen if you guys do not mind a youngster.

If there are riders from Durbanville, they are more than welcome to join.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

I would be keen if you guys do not mind a youngster.

If there are riders from Durbanville, they are more than welcome to join.

spacer.png

I would like to think that I am a youngster too ... can can very easily swing through to D/Ville to hook up with you on the loop you have shown

Mine is waiting for me at the airport 😜

With the troops this year, only once have I had to park in a different parking bay, a bday that was right next to "my parking bay"

Have not managed to convince the office that riding up to JHB, or Botswana is a wise business decision yet 😁

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

Mine is waiting for me at the airport 😜

With the troops this year, only once have I had to park in a different parking bay, a bday that was right next to "my parking bay"

Have not managed to convince the office that riding up to JHB, or Botswana is a wise business decision yet 😁

How does airport parking work with the bike at Cape Town International? A lot of queries on the Wild Dog forum but no clear cut answer.

2 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

How does airport parking work with the bike at Cape Town International? A lot of queries on the Wild Dog forum but no clear cut answer.

Exactly the same as if you were in a car. I do need to add though that I park at the under cover parkade, so the open air parking may be different.

If I arrive early morning and return the evening of the following day, the parking comes on around R350.

I prefer going to the upper levels as the woops are fun when you transition from the ramps to the flat landings

5 hours ago, Gnarly said:

New Bike Day for laaightie... 

536605009_A2023.jpg.0bc0b9a16d3f8241aea898a287761a68.jpg

Nice!!! I am wanting one so badly. This is my choice over an ebike

12 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Nice!!! I am wanting one so badly. This is my choice over an ebike

That there is an 85.... might be a little small for you. 

3 hours ago, Gnarly said:

That there is an 85.... might be a little small for you. 

def too small. A bike is still way too far out of the equation. I am busy with a sports car at the moment and lots of house projects.

My flight home last night I sat next a really interesting man.

He has done a Dakar or two on his KTM, roof of Africa and some interesting "adventure rides". Far more complex and interesting stories along the flight.

BUT, he has the first Ducati Desert X in the country, and the pics of where he has been taking the bike is really awesome.

A die hard KTM rider who is absolutely in love with this bike.

my22_ducati_desert_x_14_uc356299_mid.jpg

A page or two ago we were talking around fuel economy.

The following screen grab off a 1200cc BWM R nineT .... dude says a 17litre tank = estimated rage of 240km ... my Fat Bob with a 1584cc comes in at 16 liters = estimated range of 250km with a heavy wrist in city conditions.

image.png.08c85d23d6e6f8690acd3240fe8b657e.png