Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Love that bike of yours. A Guy I know also has one but still with the weird looking thing at the back to hold the number plate. One thing I note is how quiet it is. you done something about that?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. yep I am asking to make that comparison between bmw and ktm. 

Everyone heard the saying " behind every ktm is an empty atm" 

I ride my bike every day rain or shine. Car is parked in the garage with the battery disconnected. 

The BMW is treating me well. Easy to fix and way cheaper than my brothers Kawa. 

The BMW is just so bleh. It is a nice safe predictable ride. 

Love that bike of yours. A Guy I know also has one but still with the weird looking thing at the back to hold the number plate. One thing I note is how quiet it is. you done something about that?

Thanks, I'm fairly new to biking. < 1 year. Started with a 250 Twister, then moved to a RC390 and now on the Brutale 800. 

Your mates looks like the Rivale. I actually love that numberplate holder over the rear wheel. His also looks like a much later model 2016-2018?, Mine is a 2014. 

Your GS is awesome. Love the colour. 1200? Planning on keeping the MV for 2 years, then will upgrade to a GS. 

Mine is also very quiet in low revs. It's only once you open that throttle, do you hear the  sweet sound comes out those pipes. I'm not a speed freak on a bike. I cruise and sit behind traffic most days, it's only when the road is clear that i open her up sometimes. 

I ride my bike every day rain or shine. Car is parked in the garage with the battery disconnected. 

I hear you on the predictable and bleh. I went looking for a gsxr600, predictable and bleh. Ended up with the MV. Stay awake or she will hurt you!  MV has soul. It's like buying a Toyota or an Alfa... Both are predictable, the Toyota is reliable, the Alfa will break but the Toyota is bleh and the Alfa has soul...

If you find one with a warranty, then go for it. If not, just be careful. If you are buying from a dealer then it;s fine as the CPA says that you get an automatic 6 month warranty. 

Typical biker. Wants the best of all worlds.  :D

You don't like predictable and bleh but don't want to pay workshop fees either. 

Make up your mind, man.

Actually, I realise you mean predictable and bleh with regard to the ride as opposed to service costs, right? So I agree with lyslexic above. Go for an exotic - or an old Kawasaki 500 two-stroke triple. Now that will wake you up! And no computer to reset.. ;)

Edit: Grammar

Edited by sawystertrance

Typical biker. Wants the best of all worlds.  :D

You don't like predictable and bleh but don't want to pay workshop fees either. 

Make up your mind, man.

Actually, I realise you mean predictable and bleh with regard to the ride as opposed to service costs, right? So I agree with lyslexic above. Go for an exotic - or an old Kawasaki 500 two-stroke triple. Now that will wake you up! And no computer to reset.. ;)

Edit: Grammar

Haha yes I was talking about the ride!!

Love those angle breakers!! 

I personally service my own bikes.

Oil change every 5000km with plugs and filers done every 2nd service. The brakes, chain, sprockets, etc are visually inspected every other month.

I honestly don't trust dealerships. I have had to many issues on cars where a simple oil change is left to an assistant while the technician has tea. Have received cars back with cross threaded filters, oil cap just not put back on, etc.

In my case with my car I am literally paying to have the dash service light reset because I double and triple check their work afterwards anyway.

Pricing is also crazy. My rear pads on my Jetta need replacing. Pads cost R779-00 from Goldwagen. VW quoted me R2450 for the replacement to be done. Insane!!!

Ja, agreed. As I said before, I suppose you're paying for their setup and overhead costs. You're lucky you can do your own. I live in a tiny apartment and have no space, tools and in some cases, ability to do my own.

Things like brakepads I do on the car. 

Bike I do the oil changes brake pads bulb changes, those things. Chain and sprocket I go to the bike bros in goodwood. 

Very close my my office. 

By the way, are you signed up on wilddogs? I have recommended it to a coupla guys here. Very useful portal.

Yes I am there, but unfortunately my name and forum handle was already in use. 

I am actually busy reading misters Zogs thread on moving to the US. Lots of awesome info and people on the forum .   

You know when you were at school and you and your girlfriend were alone in the bedroom and you knew you shouldn't be doing what you were doing because everyone told you it was wrong and you had your entire life ahead of you and what if something went wrong and think of the consequences and and and.....

But you did it anyway because you couldn't help yourself and it was just soooooooo nice......

Something similar happened to me again a few weeks back......

post-15215-0-70777700-1525952964_thumb.jpg