Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spokey, what model and year is that bike?

One of the last of the KLRs imported in to SA. Is a 2015 model. I love it. Could use a little more power at times, but over all very good value. Mine has Wilbers front springs (longer than std) and runs the DNA airfilter and Leo Vinci pipe combo.

Looks like Damps, your elbow should be on the ground by the time you get to that apex...

This is the exit of turn 2, on the throttle so the bike has already lifted.

Damps is turn three.

We were dragging elbows at Phakisa in 2003 already  :thumbup:  

Edited by Donovan Le Cok

This is the exit of turn 2, on the throttle so the bike has already lifted.

Damps is turn three.

We were dragging elbows at Phakisa in 2003 already  :thumbup:  

Aaaaa, good ol quarry corner.... Knew it was in that region of the track.

What times are the regional 600cc doing around Kilarney these days?

Edited by Patchelicious

Aaaaa, good ol quarry corner.... Knew it was in that region of the track.

What times are the regional 600cc doing around Kilarney these days?

Hayden Jonas is doing 1:12 s on what should be a stock new R6. A respectable time is 1:14 / 1:15. I am doing  17s, but will be happy with 16s once the bike is sorted.

At the recent national I think someone did a 1:09 on an R1.

Hayden Jonas is doing 1:12 s on what should be a stock new R6. A respectable time is 1:14 / 1:15. I am doing  17s, but will be happy with 16s once the bike is sorted.

At the recent national I think someone did a 1:09 on an R1.

Ma se poooooos  :eek:

650?

Yes, 650 cc. I have been looking to buy an Africa Twin, but after the confirmation of the new Yammie 700 for 2019, I think I will wait and check that out.

Either way the little KLR is a keeper.

Ma se poooooos  :eek:

Speaking of quick, Arangies in a Aston Martin 700V did a sub 1min lap around Zwartkops on Sunday.

That car was on rails!!!!!!!! Won't even talk about the noise :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Yes, 650 cc. I have been looking to buy an Africa Twin, but after the confirmation of the new Yammie 700 for 2019, I think I will wait and check that out.

Either way the little KLR is a keeper.

The 700 Tenere looks awesome. Its going to be a tough choice between the KTM 750 and Yamaha next year.

I am in the market for an upgrade.

Speaking of quick, Arangies in a Aston Martin 700V did a sub 1min lap around Zwartkops on Sunday.

That car was on rails!!!!!!!! Won't even talk about the noise :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Was Johan and Toby racing?

The 700 Tenere looks awesome. Its going to be a tough choice between the KTM 750 and Yamaha next year.

I am in the market for an upgrade.

I don't see that as such a hard choice...  

I've had two KTM's and although I loved them, I did start to get tired of things randomly falling off them or miscellaneous breakages.  I've also had two Yamaha's and nothing fell off them.  :whistling:

I know where my money would go.  The 700 Tenere looks like it'll be amazing 

That car was on rails!!!!!!!! Won't even talk about the noise :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Wait till Scribante Racing's Porsche stops breaking things.... then let Toby drive it....