Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a Z300 at the traffic lights this morning, man its a sexy bike.

Any reason why you are looking at the Versys in particular?

More upright, therefore more relaxed, which is my main aim right now. Also I'm 179cm and weigh 98kg dry and so I think the Versys will be more suitable size-wise for me, as opposed to the 390 Duke for example.

I also may want to ride on some easy dirt roads.

Edited by barrykm

Seems like they're bringing them out in a 400 soon - going to be launched at a show next month :thumbup:

Hmm, interesting. Tx.

More upright, therefore more relaxed, which is my main aim right now. Also I'm 179cm and weigh 98kg dry and so I think the Versys will be more suitable size-wise for me, as opposed to the 390 Duke for example.

I am the same height and weight as you. I rode a XT660Z for a few weeks. As Andyman said nice bike. Reliable as well. (Suspension lets it down a bit) The Z has the larger screen and would be great for longer trips off the black top.

Personal Choice, of course, but I found the 660, being a single, vibrated way too much for me. The whole thing shook like crazy from about 4k revs up to about 6k, which was just where I was riding. Very irritating. This Kawa is a twin so that should not be an issue.

I am 1.78m @ 99kg's and took a seat on a 390 the other day ... did not feel cramped at all.

Ja but how long did you spend there? And were there any taxis around to stress test?

5min, lot's of stress actually as the wife was in the car ... I was meant to have just popped in "quickly" and when I swung a leg over her, I had used up about 30min already :P

The bike dealership close to our offices have a MT-07 on the floor. 

Man that looks like fun to ride. But at 80 000 secondhand, its a bit rough for me. 

Belated thanks to everyone who posted after my Versys 300 question, you all make valid points.

Being newly retired I''m currently not commuting to any great extent, so I'm looking for something that is nimble, has a little poke, and will not be intimidating to learn on. I want to enjoy myself and not be scared sh!tless.

If, after I have become comfortable with my riding abilities I feel the need to go further and faster I will then address the upgrade issue. I know this is a financial risk, but I think there is greater risk in trying to learn on something too powerful and unwieldy for a noob.

Having said all that....I still have to convince myself that buying a motorcycle is a priority.. :blink: [emoji317]

Barrykm

After October's fuel price increases I'm sure you will not need any more motivation to get a motorcycle.

The bike dealership close to our offices have a MT-07 on the floor. 

Man that looks like fun to ride. But at 80 000 secondhand, its a bit rough for me.

Have you ridden an MT09? I had a go on one at Kyalami, the Bike Festival 2 years ago, stunning, I think one of the best engines around.

Guys have mentioned “tools for the job “ and “x factor”, for me it would be Yammie MT09 and Outeniqua or Robinsons Pass!