Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

So just out of interest, if you ever want to screw your mind over go change your gear shift lever to race pattern. 1 up and all down from there.

Very intuitive on the down shifts and clutchless upshifts are really smooth.

Did it out of interest and will probably change back now......

Biggest gripe is stopped at a light or stop street I will usually tap down on the lever to make sure its in 1st, now its a big adjustment to go up rather. Also change from 1st to second at low revs needs a firm push down on the lever.

Or you could just come and take one of our Brits for a spin.  RHS gear shift, 1 up, 3 down or 1 down, 3 up - depending on which selector plate Bob from Gearbox parts had in the store on that particular day.....

It's a bit scary when you approach a corner and tap down on where the gearlever is supposed to be and you lock up the rear wheel....

Or you approach a corner and press down on what is usually the brake and you lock up the rear wheel because you have just shifted into 1st.....

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where is it

Ill check again but if i remember correctly it is from 8:30 Brackenfell hypermarket. route to be announced. 

Don't know if BarryKM still hangs out here but I remember you were looking for a bike and saw these ads so thought they may interest you..

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/Themes/WildDog%20v2/images/post/clip.gif
2018 Yamaha MT-07 For sale 3700km
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:40:08 am »

2018 MT-07 ABS - Demo.
3700 Km's.

R94 950.00
Jamie- Cycle Craft Yamaha 066 556 5655 / 031 337 1716.

The MT-07 is designed to bring fun, affordability and enjoyment back to the street, and just about everything about this versatile naked bike – from its deep torque through to the agile chassis and outstanding economy – make it hard to resist for both newer and experienced riders.

The 689cc inline 2-cylinder engine benefits from our special ‘crossplane philosophy’ which enables it to develop linear torque for outstanding acceleration. And the MT-07 is also equipped with a compact and lightweight chassis for remarkable agility and easy handling.

MT-07 from Yamaha. There’s never been a better reason to rise up and ride.
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/Themes/WildDog%20v2/images/post/clip.gif
2018 Yamaha MT-07 For sale 3700km
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:40:08 am »

2018 MT-07 ABS - Demo.
3700 Km's.

R94 950.00
Jamie- Cycle Craft Yamaha 066 556 5655 / 031 337 1716.

The MT-07 is designed to bring fun, affordability and enjoyment back to the street, and just about everything about this versatile naked bike – from its deep torque through to the agile chassis and outstanding economy – make it hard to resist for both newer and experienced riders.

The 689cc inline 2-cylinder engine benefits from our special ‘crossplane philosophy’ which enables it to develop linear torque for outstanding acceleration. And the MT-07 is also equipped with a compact and lightweight chassis for remarkable agility and easy handling.

MT-07 from Yamaha. There’s never been a better reason to rise up and ride.

Edit: Apologies for formatting. Just a copy and paste..

Edited by sawystertrance

So I passed a very bad cage vs scooter crash yesterday.

If I want to have a bigger presence on the road do I get spotlights first or an aftermarket exhaust?

I already have the orange head light cover.

And it is a 650 dakar twinspark (single)

As you didn’t want to spend a fortune on lights I added these to my bike. Doesn’t really help me to see better but wife says she notices me better on the road. Worth the money I would say.

https://www.extremelights.co.za/collections/motorbike-lights

As you didn’t want to spend a fortune on lights I added these to my bike. Doesn’t really help me to see better but wife says she notices me better on the road. Worth the money I would say.

https://www.extremelights.co.za/collections/motorbike-lights

Jip I had my eyes on them, went to the bike shop around the corner and chatted to the guys there. While we where chatting another dude came in and showed me his spots. 

https://bikegear.co.za/product/desert-fox-raptor-led-spot-light-kit/ 

Pretty decent. 

I also had a look at the bikeshops owners spotlights, man they are bright and fancy. But it was crazy expensive, but has different colored lenses that you can use. makes a very big difference. 

From somebody who know's nothing ... why not stick with a Std headlight and just use orange spots?

From somebody who know's nothing ... why not stick with a Std headlight and just use orange spots?

Orange spots are R1000 rand more expensive than the "normal" ones. They go for 2800 at flying brick at this stage, excluding mounts. 

Orange spots are R1000 rand more expensive than the "normal" ones. They go for 2800 at flying brick at this stage, excluding mounts. 

seriously .... a R1000 more than "normal ones" ... baffles the mind!

Maizeys Plastcis sells orange plexiglass and some clear, double sided tape will keep it in place.

BTW, if visibility is all you are after Midas sells LED spots for under R200. They are plenty bright!!!!!

seriously .... a R1000 more than "normal ones" ... baffles the mind!

What baffles me is people willing to spend that amount of money on a spotlight!!!!! Even R1800 is more than I would spend, more so as it isn't for visibility for all the night time off roading. For visibility a chinese mall R200 jobbie will do the job and comes with various strobe modes for when filtering, seeing as it is for visibility.............

What baffles me is people willing to spend that amount of money on a spotlight!!!!! Even R1800 is more than I would spend, more so as it isn't for visibility for all the night time off roading. For visibility a chinese mall R200 jobbie will do the job and comes with various strobe modes for when filtering, seeing as it is for visibility.............

did really not know about the chinese jobbies.... I know where i am going tomorrow. 

did really not know about the chinese jobbies.... I know where i am going tomorrow. 

Up in Jhb the Chinese spots are selling for R600 a set and look identical to the Desert something or other brand that sells for much more.

Couldn't see a difference when I bought them.

Just a heads up, I tilted mine down slightly so the didn't blind oncoming traffic. Wish more guys did this on the road.....

Up in Jhb the Chinese spots are selling for R600 a set and look identical to the Desert something or other brand that sells for much more.

Couldn't see a difference when I bought them.

Just a heads up, I tilted mine down slightly so the didn't blind oncoming traffic. Wish more guys did this on the road.....

..Desert Fox. Probably made in China anyway..