Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

It is already being done.

Price is the big problem, anything special costs plenty moolah.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/vins-duecinquanta-/

Definitely doable and been done.

Here is one, questionable bodykit IMO. Would've done a Moto2 replica but then again those are common:

https://www.facebook.com/Wickedatv/posts/2662998800411423?comment_id=2663150763729560&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D

There is guy up in Jhb who built a banshee motor into a Duke 390.

Also get kits to build banshee motors into Cagiva Mito 125, standard mod kit off the shelf.

https://www.facebook.com/Mito350tk/

Look at the above link at your own peril........

You should also follow Sidz in Bloemfontein, some seriously special banshee and banshee engined builds. He seems to be the banshee whisperer in SA at the moment........

That Vins is a thing of absolute beauty.

I have to ask price meaning I can’t afford it. ????????

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another hairbrained idea I have is to marry two 350LC motors to make an inline 4 cylinder 700cc 'stroker, and put that into a fairly modern chassis. With today's technology, that should be do able. 

I know the motor has been done before in England, think the chap custom build the frame, as he was / is a custom bike builder.

As you can see, I'm a bit of a 2 stroke nutter, only having owned 2 four stroke bikes in my life, my first bike, a 60's model Honda SS50 and then an 80's Yammy Eleven Special I custom build from different bikes, bits and bobs I gathered over a two year period.

Edited by Wannabe

Another hairbrained idea I have is to marry two 350LC motors to make an inline 4 cylinder 700cc 'stroker, and put that into a fairly modern chassis. With today's technology, that should be do able. 

I know the motor has been done before in England, think the chap custom build the frame, as he was / is a custom bike builder.

As you can see, I'm a bit of a 2 stroke nutter, only having owned 2 four stroke bikes in my life, my first bike, a 60's model Honda SS50 and then an 80's Yammy Eleven Special I custom build from different bikes, bits and bobs I gathered over a two year period.

Probably just be cheaper to buy a v-Due or even a Sutter, definitely a lot less "hassle" :D

Seen 2 RD700 builds from the UK. I suppose if you can do it yourself it might be fun but if paying, no ways.

Custom cases, custom crank, etc, etc......

Probably just be cheaper to buy a v-Due or even a Sutter, definitely a lot less "hassle" :D

Why?

Then it will not be unique and "mine"

Although a Suter will be nice to have in a perfect, dream garage.

Friend I cycle with funnily enough, sold his V-due last year to a collector in the states for I believe over R300k............. Had about 10km on it and was the better, earlier carb model. Trying to fuel inject the V-due is what sunk the company back in the day.

The Suter I believe starts at over R600k and thats without taxes and shipping.

Seen 2 RD700 builds from the UK. I suppose if you can do it yourself it might be fun but if paying, no ways.

Custom cases, custom crank, etc, etc......

Unfortunately my technical skills and know how does not stretch that far.

But watch this space once I win the Powerball Lotto.  :D

Friend I cycle with funnily enough, sold his V-due last year to a collector in the states for I believe over R300k............. Had about 10km on it and was the better, earlier carb model. Trying to fuel inject the V-due is what sunk the company back in the day.

The Suter I believe starts at over R600k and thats without taxes and shipping.

Wasn’t the carb version brought in after they couldn’t get the fuel injection to work?

Wasn’t the carb version brought in after they couldn’t get the fuel injection to work?

You are correct, my bad.

I remember seeing photos of a warehouse full of the fuel injected model bikes that they could shift. Sad......

https://www.facebook.com/Mito350tk/

Look at the above link at your own peril........

Over an hour later....  :whistling:

The way they seem to be a community helping each other out and doing all sorts of custom stuff on the fringes of what 'normal bikers' do reminds me a lot of when I was into rotary's.  It's an appealing place to be!  

I saw an early 90's NSR 250 come past me near Noordhoek yesterday.  The smell of the 2T brought back so many happy memories and kept me going for ages.  

You are correct, my bad.

I remember seeing photos of a warehouse full of the fuel injected model bikes that they could shift. Sad......

I only know because my old man ordered one, then when the injection issues came to light it got canceled. By the time the carb model came out there was already an R1 and R6 and RZ500 in garage so the desire for the Bimoto was gone.

#Ragrats

That’s it!! Too much nostalgia here right now. I’m off to sniff some Castrol TTX, burnt via a combustion chamber and ejected via a hand welded tuned musical instrument.

I would pour TTS into my toaster and chop lines with a well worn knee slider from the ash if I could get my hands on some.

Anyone else here who used to add caster oil to their tank to get the "Racing fuel" smell of a 2-stroke?

It did eventually, however, glue up my piston rings. 

Anyone else here who used to add caster oil to their tank to get the "Racing fuel" smell of a 2-stroke?

It did eventually, however, glue up my piston rings. 

Yup, it was a favorite thing to do, especially on "race days"  (when all us lighties on 'strokers got together for a bit of d!ck swinging.  :whistling: )

A small (think it was 30ml) bottle of castor oil in half a tank of fuel gave just the right effect. 

Edited by Wannabe