Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Surely its the bonnet that goes between those things that should excite you moreĀ  :whistling:

That brings me to a story that can not be told on this forum.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting about the 50cc bikes. Back in the day when I was up for a 50 (I never got one), Zundapps and Kriedlers were supposedly the horsepower kings (or is it pony power).

Interesting about the 50cc bikes. Back in the day when I was up for a 50 (I never got one), Zundapps and Kriedlers were supposedly the horsepower kings (or is it pony power).

Hau! Kehla, ukupi? :clap:

Edited by Ed-Zulu

Ā 

Yeah, they were. But very scarce, expensive and very unreliable.

Ā 

We once took a road trip to Durban on our 50's (yeah, we did sh!t like that in those days) and there were two of the rich boys with us, one on a Kreidler (which was ugly as sin) and a Puch (not much better looking)

Neither of them reached Warden. All the Jap 50's made it there and back.

Ā 

All the posters here seem to have two things in common. An interest in bicycles and the fastest 50 in the bike shed back in school days :drool:Ā 

Ā 

Mine was a circ 1966 Zundapp SS50. It was faster than most of the Jap bikes in the mid 70s and was quicker than a Honda 90cc 4 stroke. But the guy with the Kriedler was probably faster than me, even if it was just because his was newer and in much better condition.

Ā 

I bought the Zundapp from my brother as aĀ  non runner, for R90. It consumed piston rings on a regular basis and pistons themselves did no last much longer than 6 months. I rebuilt the gearbox twice due to mechanicals that were abused. First time just after I bought it to fix previous damage. 2nd time after some "friends" "borrowed" it at a party - they broke a shaft trying to hot wire it and push start it.

Ā 

In my attempts to tune it I found that fixing all the leaks in the intake track, restoring the airbox to factory spec and replacing the muffler insert with an un-modified factory part worked best. Then I spent hours cleaning out soot and muck from the exhaust. Cleaned it as often as I cleaned the chain.

Ā 

The key to this bike was resonant tuning of the intake and exhaust. The factory did a much better job of optimizing that than any 16yo could.Ā  Riding it required getting the revs up into the sweet spot, slowly feeding in the multi-plate clutch without the revs dropping, then peddling the gearbox to keep the revs up ^_^

Ā 

It was still much slower than everything else on the road, including Pucto buses.

Of course it you couldnā€™t be fast, you needed to sound fast. Removing the baffel out the pipe dropped the panties even faster..

Ā 

No ... I think the girls in my day had better taste than that.

Ā 

Nothing sounds as painful as a 50cc without an exhaust baffle - like a sick mosquito on steroids. The worst thing is that it took so long for the thing to get out of hearing range :whistling:

Ā 

Nothing sounds as painful as a 50cc without an exhaust baffle - like a sick mosquito on steroids. The worst thing is that it took so long for the thing to get out of hearing range :whistling:

Ā 

Was amazing how you could identify each and every bike by it's sound. Not just like that's a Gamma or an AR, but specific bikes. (we knew exactly who was bunking school by the sound of the baffle'less 50 disappearing down the road.)Ā 

Ā 

You obviously have no understanding of the female species. Cut/no baffles were better than Spanish fly.

Spanish Fly.Ā  Now there's a word I haven't heard since High School.Ā  Does Spanish Fly actually exist, or does it fall into the same classification as "My RZ50 does 180kph...."Ā  :ph34r:

Spanish Fly.Ā  Now there's a word I haven't heard since High School.Ā  Does Spanish Fly actually exist, or does it fall into the same classification as "My RZ50 does 180kph...160km/h."Ā  :ph34r:

Ā 

Hey, speedos were wildly opportunistic those days, and GPS did not exist......

Edited by Wannabe

No... They were attracted towards the guys riding 175's or 250's. There ain't no replacement for displacement... :devil:

Ā 

yes, but we always asked the girls, were they more impressed with a bore diameter, or the stroke length?Ā  Ā Cue much blushing and giggling.Ā  Apart from one girl who mentioned revs per minute....

yes, but we always asked the girls, were they more impressed with a bore diameter, or the stroke length?Ā  Ā Cue much blushing and giggling.Ā  Apart from one girl who mentioned revs per minute....

Ā 

I seemed to recall she had an older boyfriend with an RM250.....

Spanish Fly.Ā  Now there's a word I haven't heard since High School.Ā  Does Spanish Fly actually exist, or does it fall into the same classification as "My RZ50 does 180kph...."Ā  :ph34r:

Don't know, never needed the stuff having cut baffles.

I just want to say I only owned a little 125cc and on that little bike I lifted the school medic around on for a while (was the best lady in the school to be lifting around I recon :P) ... and we met on the rugby field, with my head cut open after going into a loose ruck ........