UCI MTB WC #4, Albstadt

Orbit

Philip Buys has been lapped.

Buys is an extremely strong rider. Just imagine the strength of the other riders to be able to lap him. It is freaky how strong these guys are

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

absalon demolished the field...granted, the course suited him today, but he is looking sublime

really puts things into perspective doesn't it! people you see locally who are so strong are like total beginner crap riders compared to those guys.

absalon demolished the field...granted, the course suited him today, but he is looking sublime

Yeah, he did demolish the field, didn't he. It was a class in climbing prowess and all round ability. I reckon if they hadn't dumbed down the trail in an attempt to make it more rain-friendly, it wouldn't have been so clear cut...

Nino just wasn't in it today. So happy to see Absalon back in the form of his life. Pity this isn't an olympic year!

Yeah, he did demolish the field, didn't he. It was a class in climbing prowess and all round ability. I reckon if they hadn't dumbed down the trail in an attempt to make it more rain-friendly, it wouldn't have been so clear cut...

yip - not nino's track at all

did you notice the size of the crowd? puts our feeble crowd showing in round 1 into persepctive

Seems the course suited the lighter riders, Nino is a big guy and gave it horns, and did well to make a come back to 2nd after being dropped, but that's not taking anything away from the brilliant performance by Julian, what a master.

And great to see the CFR boys in the top 10

7 Manuel Fumic (Ger) Cannondale Factory Racing 0:02:25

8 Marco Aurelio Fontana (Ita) Cannondale Factory Racing 0:03:10

Edited by kosmonooit

The rumor mill has it that we won't have the WC next year. Australia most likely to take it off our hands because of the low spectator turnout at the event this year.

Pity!

yip - not nino's track at all

did you notice the size of the crowd? puts our feeble crowd showing in round 1 into persepctive

just one of the reasons we won't get a World Cup for a very long time. We just not pulling in the crowds.

Seems the course suited the lighter riders, Nino is a big guy and gave it horns, and did well to make a come back to 2nd after being dropped, but that's not taking anything away from the brilliant performance by Julian, what a master.

it was Gigers attack that dropped Niño, would've been interesting had he not done that. Maybe a much closer contest would've ensued between Julian & Nino?

The rumor mill has it that we won't have the WC next year. Australia most likely to take it off our hands because of the low spectator turnout at the event this year.

Pity!

Yeah, but not for that reason. IIRC it's on a 4 year contract deal for the "non european" legs. So we were on the way out and had to renegotiate for an extension. Nigel knows more about it though.

Yeah, but not for that reason. IIRC it's on a 4 year contract deal for the "non european" legs. So we were on the way out and had to renegotiate for an extension. Nigel knows more about it though.

Yeah...riders have complained that its too much travel to have 2 long haul events (aus and SA) and Aus is going to have a spot right up to their 2017 W champs...so its gonna be a while

Edited by Stretch

just one of the reasons we won't get a World Cup for a very long time. We just not pulling in the crowds.

PieterMaritzberg is not exactly the centre of the MTB universe..

They're get a bigger crowd in Cape Town

PieterMaritzberg is not exactly the centre of the MTB universe..

They're get a bigger crowd in Cape Town

More central than cape town for other provinces..... and I would bet there are more mountain bike events happening in and around here in a year than cape town would dream of.... Anyway... First years the crowds were great.... It was just last year that it was disappointing