GoPro captures gunpoint mountain bike robbery in Somerset West

Gerlach

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glad he is ok but not to be insensitive but that area is known by now as dangerous after a number of incidents. Why is people still riding there? Even more riding there alone? Not trying to be an ass just trying to understand....

Mmmm ... Glad he's ok, those tikkoppe obviously had no clue what'swhat.

Rider had a very good chance to ride away right at the start.

Had a very, very clear shot for a left hook as the tikkop grabbed his handlebar with his gun hand, the TK in white was far enough away to not pose an immediate threat ... but I see he was armed as well.

I at first also thought so...try and accelerate and gte away...

BUT if you look closely - that dude would have been able to bump him off the bike ...the raod narrows to a gate of some sorts.

#fokkers!!!

Please tell me more about thsi phone tracking app? I thought GPS had to be enable to track a phone? apparently not...

how does it work? do you pay a monthly subscription? All phones or only "new" ones?

I want to get that feature...I always ride alone...

I at first also thought so...try and accelerate and gte away...

BUT if you look closely - that dude would have been able to bump him off the bike ...the raod narrows to a gate of some sorts.

#fokkers!!!

Please tell me more about thsi phone tracking app? I thought GPS had to be enable to track a phone? apparently not...

how does it work? do you pay a monthly subscription? All phones or only "new" ones?

I want to get that feature...I always ride alone...

Any new Android phone will allow you to enable tracking. Problem is that it will only work until the battery dies as they guys will have it factory reset and new custom ROM installed.

Also the guys will wrap it in tin foil to prevent any signal coming from the phone.

stayed calm - did everything right...did I hear him say "its not on"? so maybe tikhead knew it was a camera

edit - just listened loud - no mention of the camera...but damn..as expected the heartrate is clearly hitting 200+

Edited by Stretch

Any new Android phone will allow you to enable tracking. Problem is that it will only work until the battery dies as they guys will have it factory reset and new custom ROM installed.

Also the guys will wrap it in tin foil to prevent any signal coming from the phone.

That is IF they are aware of thsi?

My take would be (1) to use an old MTB specific phone...seems this might not be possible?

(2) superglue the SIM card in place!! (for that matter also the battery?)

(3) just hand over said phone if confronted...

optional (4) get a posse together and lynch the muddaF.

Phew - that made my blood boil.

Good on Malcolm for staying calm. It burns my arse to say this but a bike aint worth your life.

Get insurance - that way you get a clean shiny bike as a reward for a traumatic experience.

That is IF they are aware of thsi?

My take would be (1) to use an old MTB specific phone...seems this might not be possible?

(2) superglue the SIM card in place!! (for that matter also the battery?)

(3) just hand over said phone if confronted...

optional (4) get a posse together and lynch the muddaF.

Do not underestimate the knowledge of those stealing phones.

Do not underestimate the knowledge of those stealing phones.

This Phucker was pretty stooopid?