GoPro captures gunpoint mountain bike robbery in Somerset West

Gerlach

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to see if SAPS with this evidence can actually catch and prosecute these guys.

G

we should tweet hollard and ask them :whistling:

They would not like to comment on a specific incident out of respect for their client.

Edit: ...and would not like to make a general comment as one has to look at the specific circumstances of each specific incident.

Edited by Blackbeard

Mmmm ... Glad he's ok, those tikkoppe obviously had no clue what'swhat.

Rider had a very good chance to ride away right at the start.

Had a very, very clear shot for a left hook as the tikkop grabbed his handlebar with his gun hand, the TK in white was far enough away to not pose an immediate threat ... but I see he was armed as well.

I think the rider did just the right thing. It's only a bike.

Edited by Nick.

Great video footage..... Shows you how quickly things can happen. The element of surprise always wins.... Even if the rider was armed, he didn't stand a chance.

Sjoe, well done for the calmness of the whole incident!! Must say that was scary!

I must say that these dash cams and now helmet cams are starting to interest me.

i hope they catch all FOUR of them. at 0:57, there's clearly some one in a hoodie sporting a very long stick parked off along the trail the gunman sent the rider along. He is either a perp, or the perfect witness.

I live 5 km's from that trail and I never go to that part alone. I have heard first hand of at two bike jackings there one happened just before I arrived on the scene and i'm pretty certain there has been more than that. Lately I have heard about wires being strung across the trails also. In my opinion there isn't enough being done to warn people how dangerous this spot is. The staff at the lodge just let everyone through who is on their own even though the rules state not to do so.

All three assailants were caught following this

Brilliant footage

Brilliant outcome

Glad the rider is okay

Materials things are nothing, can be replaced in a heartbeat (pun intended)