SA marathon champs coverage

Joeboy69

Hi, thought I would watch it on Livestream. I hear the commentary clearly but the video is just the empty startline. Anybody else able to see something useful?

Same for me. AFAIK Streamit360 only do stationary cameras so we have to wait for the lead guys to ride past a camera point.

Nice to see the XC youngsters taking first and second. Reid first followed by Croeser and Evans..

Interesting that the XCO guys keep on whipping the Marathion riders. I understand that their conditioning will be tops as we are smack bang in the XCO season but surely the Marathon guys would've built up to this race. I guess the fact that the race finished with a large singletrack section in Cascades also played a big role.

That was one hectic route. Huge climbing, tons of single track (up & down) and no opportunity for recovery. Proper mountain biking!

There was a bit of handbag swinging on Twitter yesterday coming from Brandon Stewart.

I loved the route. Really tough and unparalleled amount of climbing! Now to get ready for Rainbow.

There was a bit of handbag swinging on Twitter yesterday coming from Brandon Stewart.

I loved the route. Really tough and unparalleled amount of climbing! Now to get ready for Rainbow.

you ride ross? and you riding worlds?

Nice to see the XC youngsters taking first and second. Reid first followed by Croeser and Evans..

My congrats to Frankie du toit, just got back from Botswana, and currently in the middle of writing her exams (still at high school), puts in such an amazing performance! Unbeleivable commitment and dedication!

Yip.

It hurt me so bad I'm coming back for more!

you down here more than you in the big smoke it seems!

you down here more than you in the big smoke it seems!

It's becoming an expensive problem.

I'm down for Hilton the weekend before Rainbow as well. Will try work in the PMB office or DBN office for the week between the two.

I was "unlucky" :whistling: enough ride the 95km and oh my!!! Toughest day on a bike ever. No time to warm up, big climbs, rough terrain, no recovery, portages and some proper technical sections that after +5hrs become a bit sketchy. But that's how it should be. :thumbup:

As for the XC guys 3 in the top 4 positions :clap: and if I remember correctly James had a 10min gap to 2nd.

Edited by Spoke101

Did the marathon and it was without doubt the toughest course I've ever ridden. Relentless climbing then steep technical descending. No free miles on that course, that's for sure. Just glad I finished. Will be back for Rainbow.

Waited with a rider that crashed heavily after we crossed the top of DH course. Looked like broken jaw, broken ribs and maybe collarbone. Hope he is ok.

Did the marathon and it was without doubt the toughest course I've ever ridden. Relentless climbing then steep technical descending. No free miles on that course, that's for sure. Just glad I finished. Will be back for Rainbow.

Waited with a rider that crashed heavily after we crossed the top of DH course. Looked like broken jaw, broken ribs and maybe collarbone. Hope he is ok.

Was that coming down through the rocks to the water works?