Winner of the Photo of the Day, May 2014

Matt

how about I outsource my campaign to you. If i win, you can have the camera?

That's "inducement", not lobbying. Tut tut :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we giving goPro's to people who already take good pics? It's people like me who post yukky quality pics that need the prize!! Maybe we rather vote worst pic?? :whistling:

Guest EdEdEd

I voted for the person that is most likely to fall and send in awesome footage of that ( ???? )

Silly humans

I woulda voted for the one with the Max der hund chasing the bike

Not to open another DOS but....

I believe it was taken with a goPro type camera and imo it should not be considered as a photo...

If I'm wrong about that, my humble apologies in advance :stupid:

A photo comp IMO should be reserved for photos taken with intent (mik n druk type scenario) and not filmed and then the best frame chosen...

Rata already won last month :ph34r:

then the obvious question needs to be asked..................where is the awesome footage :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :ph34r: :ph34r:

You mean footage like this...

10177378_10153049870440639_6042170214931834932_n.jpg

Word on the street is that he was on fire! So he had to stop, drop n roll.

Word on the street is that he was on fire! So he had to stop, drop n roll.

I heard the same story, so it must be true!

Something to do with excessive speed and his nylon shorts catching fire

@ Admin:

I guess the voting format all depends on what the objectives of the competition are? If it is merely about generating interest around the GoPro product and hits for the website then I think it is fine as it is. As can be seen plenty of 'discussion' already happening.

However if GoPro is after the best picture (in terms of focus, composition etc) then maybe the system needs to be changed. Perhaps keep the format as is to determine the top 5 pics and then a GoPro rep chooses the winner from those?

Best of both worlds?

@ Admin:

I guess the voting format all depends on what the objectives of the competition are? If it is merely about generating interest around the GoPro product and hits for the website then I think it is fine as it is. As can be seen plenty of 'discussion' already happening.

However if GoPro is after the best picture (in terms of focus, composition etc) then maybe the system needs to be changed. Perhaps keep the format as is to determine the top 5 pics and then a GoPro rep chooses the winner from those?

Best of both worlds?

Was never about that. Was about the Forum Members' favourite pic.

I guess the voting format all depends on what the objectives of the competition are?

Matt summed it up in this thread when there was last unheavel about the whole thing.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/featured/competitions/winner-of-the-photo-of-the-day-march-2014-r1330

Though on an aside @Matt - when going to look at the submissions - would it be possible to filter by current month entries versus archived ones.

Matt summed it up in this thread when there was last unheavel about the whole thing.

http://www.thehubsa....arch-2014-r1330

Though on an aside @Matt - when going to look at the submissions - would it be possible to filter by current month entries versus archived ones.

I agree here. Should be a condition of the competition that the pics need to have been take in the month that they were submitted.