That moment when.....

gummibear

The moment when you hear the double click of your cleats mating with the pedals, feel the suns rays after a cold wet winter, theres a slight warm breeze blowing and its from behind, the road lies before you and you know that this is what you do this for and no matter what the ride holds every fibre of your body reminds you that life is good and you are blessed because nothing and no-one can take this away from you.

Really enjoyed this post! Thanks!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... when you realise that you are totally addicted to anything and everything bike related.

Hi my name is Fanie and I'm a bike addict

That moment when you look to your right on the way to the Cradle for a long ride and you see the orange ball of the sun cresting the horizon with cold air rushing at you and you think: man, I feel free!

the moment when your better half nails that tricky rocky descent she's been to scared to even attempt

(and she takes a better line than you :blush: )

That moment when your eyes tear up because you're just so damn thankful for being able to be doing what you're doing.

That moment when you see you're friend's confused face sitting flat on his butt next to the bike after he just did the quickest OTB in recorded history after giving you crap about falling over stationary......

Stoped at Northern Farm. Had everything I needed except the front wheel to my bike.

Pretty much a deal breaker :-(

that moment when you unclip the one foot and fall the other way.... :mellow:

+1 and raise you 0.5. Only bike falls the other way, so there you are with one foot clipped in pinned under the bike half standing, unable to unclip or move with your best bud cracking himself so much he's unable to help.

The moment you realise the wife has worked out just how much you have spent on upgrades for "that silly toy" and then the moment everything clicks as you and your upgrades work in harmony. Often during your escape...

And the moment when miles from home and the rain starts pouring properly you discover your kid forgot his raincoat and ends up in yours as you do a convincing drowned rat impression.

That moment...

Legen.............................................................dary!!!!

That moment when you and your mates decide to explore what looks like forgotten trail. Only to stumble upon a baboon nesting area. There must be 100 of them scattered across the narrow jeep track each sitting within 2 metres of each other. Theres no turning back. The only way is through. Tensions are high. The facial expressions exchanged between man and beast can only be described as negotiations for terms of release. Never before have riders proceeded so cautiously, so slowly and so quietly.

... you know it's going to hurt and there's not much you can do about it except to try and fall without banging up the bike too much :blush:

Archived