Who else is sick at the moment?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

screw the colds and little sniffles I went all out and got chickenpox from my kids this week ha top that ....I don't think I have ever been so ill. It started on Sunday night with a fever and slowly got worse on Tuesday morning I had a couple of spots starting up so I went to the doc who gave me some anti viral s and some anti inflammatory's and a shot of voltaren. On Wednesday my whole face was covered with pox in my throat frikkin everywhere but it seemed to fizzle out around my waist i could almost count the ones on my legs ... then wed night the itching ...so i medicated myself to sleep and on Friday I started to recover ...what a frikkin nightmare I'm a bit nervous about when I should start riding again though .....hells bells I hope I don't have to go through that again ..... I still look like crap with flipping sores all over my face and head.

Usually when you have had chicken pox you have antibodies for it and won't get it again :)

Was sick last week (flu) not very pleasant. Still have a slight cough, so I'll wait a few more days before getting back on the bike again.

So ..... chatted to a colleague who works as a cameraman for the 'Beeb' (BBC) just returned from traveling across central African regions doing a story on the Ebola virus.

Currently watching World War Z on dstv.

Think I'm going to stock up on tinned food and weapons tomorrow!

Been down 10 days same virus in throat n sinus.. Dr against antibiotics

Working at night in - 3 in our warehouse during strike was also a contributor..

But I Rode 32 km at Modders yesterday at slower pace and felt OK leg wise but th k@k I hacked out all ride and since ..ain't pretty.. This thing is strong...

But I need to be stronger as 94 is coming ..and I want to be fit for a cause..

Crikey :eek: Been sick since mid June. Three courses of antibiotics and sinuses still infected. Going to ENT this week to hopefully stop the bugs for good this time. Training has been patchy. Missed two events. Longing to be fit again.

Crikey :eek: Been sick since mid June. Three courses of antibiotics and sinuses still infected. Going to ENT this week to hopefully stop the bugs for good this time. Training has been patchy. Missed two events. Longing to be fit again.

most be a particular sinus bug going around. Reading your post is like dejavu. Also going to ENT on thursday, i have had 8 weeks of it and going off my head. I'm also asthmatic so can't risk getting on the bike besides some light spinning.

Hi all,

thought i would contribute.

I regularly get sick, mainly colds that become respiratory infections, after years of trying things this is what works for me, below is the protocol i follow if i have an active sinus infection (multi colored mucus), if i dont clear that it will generally lead to ear infection and bronchitis.

i use a nasal rinse kit twice a day.....(i use it 2-3 times per week when healthy, this is one of the best changes for my sinuses)

post-7265-0-87892900-1407248266_thumb.jpg

then i have linctagonc and acc200 in the morning and evening.

post-7265-0-49568100-1407248319_thumb.jpg

post-7265-0-12343500-1407248328_thumb.jpg

and quite a high dose of both septogard and ViralGuard.

post-7265-0-94605300-1407248392_thumb.jpg

post-7265-0-05680700-1407248402_thumb.jpg

finally 2 squirts of this into each nostril.

post-7265-0-80628900-1407248469_thumb.jpg

*Disclaimer - I am not a doctor nor chemist, i just have found that this works for me.

Gravity - that's quite a regime you have going there!

I had a friend who used to swear by snorting warm water with a dash of salt in it. Tried it once or twice when I had a cold coming and its not overly pleasant :-(

What works, works though.

eish...been sick 3 times this winter already....currently sitting with a pretty thick head, coughing like a gunston smoker.

Really had enough of cold already.

eish...been sick 3 times this winter already....currently sitting with a pretty thick head, coughing like a gunston smoker.

Really had enough of cold already.

I hear you....I've been so vrot this last week.....all my hard training this month down the toilet! Also my third round this winter. At least being sick, Ive lost some weight. Got to be postitive :wacko:

@+#-$&$ ... Throat still wrecked ..

Coughed so bad last ..night I swear my left lung got out and

threatened that if I didn't stop he'd duckkk..

So off to Dr..

Now I'm banned from my bikes for 10 days and on the dreaded

Antibiotics .. To kill this @%%$#&$ once and for all.....

Hope this is it now cos its cutting into my 94 training schedule ...

Been sick twice in last four weeks.

Had to stop my anitbiotics as it messed up my stomach despite taking a strong probioptic !

Pharmacy bill was just under R 700 and i ahd to stop all meds after 2 days !!

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Need to hit the trails this weekend as i will be working next two weekends on confirmed events.