Who else is sick at the moment?

First thing I've been doing after getting home after a ride,

Drink 1 x helping of my mutie... Find if I don't I can feel it later the evening in my throat and nose.

G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me ;( been doing well this winter with just the common cold, yesterday afternoon, boom I feel like I've run over by a truck. Everything hurts.

Thinking of you Uni, get well :thumbup: :thumbup:

My sons Paediatrition (who happens to be a Professor), put me on Zithromax and an antihistamine called Fexo.

I then take almost every day:

1 x Multivitamin

1x Dolomite

1 x Omega tablet

1 x Iron

1 x Moducare

And then 1 x Raw Garlic clove.

Much like you guys, I was almost always sick, and struggled to shake it.

I find my recovery time has improved tremendously since I have been taking Zithromax and Fexo, and im hardly ever sick now days.

Edited by bclark

well thanks, i started thinking i was going off my head! I've been sick with cold and flu for 4 weeks. Just when i think its gone and getting ready to ride it hits again. I haven't been on the bike since Sani. Done the anti biotics, no result. Think i will get vitamin posioning with all the gumph i'm taking. So, anyone, what's the magic cure?

I have succumbed. At least I managed to squeeze in the Sondela before, but it looks like I will have to bow out of the Nissan Hakahana.

I had flu shot last year and I was sick the entire winter. No to be perturbed I went and had flu shot in april this year, and touch wood, I havent even had a sniffle yet this year.

Sick dude over heres.

Should make it a vote enabled site. Easier for us sick buggers

EDIT: Not "sick" as in "gnarly, bru" but sick as in <cough><cough>

Edited by HowellingWulf

Have an irritating cough that comes and goes, and my chest feels tight. If I get on the bike I can't breathe in 5 minutes flat. Sucks a bit.

well thanks, i started thinking i was going off my head! I've been sick with cold and flu for 4 weeks. Just when i think its gone and getting ready to ride it hits again. I haven't been on the bike since Sani. Done the anti biotics, no result. Think i will get vitamin posioning with all the gumph i'm taking. So, anyone, what's the magic cure?

Ask your doctor about Zithromax, stuff is legend for me. I'm allergic to penicillin and longer course anti biotics don't work. Only thing that got me sorted last year.

Ask your doctor about Zithromax, stuff is legend for me. I'm allergic to penicillin and longer course anti biotics don't work. Only thing that got me sorted last year.

As good as Zithromax is, it is supposed to be used for bacterial infections. Not going to be much use for viral infections such as cold or flu.

Having said that, it worked a treat on an ear infection I had earlier this year.

Edited by StevieL

Guys,

What's the advice when just getting over a cold.

Should we wait it out until completely clear or start light indoor work?

Will starting too soon after being sick jeopardise the recovery?

Rob

Edited by Rob K

Guys,

Rob

Hiya

In my opinion its best to just rest.

No point in flogging a sick horse.

If you sick you sick.

Guys,

Rob

Neck and up, light exercise still ok.

Below the neck.....rest up totally before getting back into it. Here breaking the body down with exercise reduces recovery time and puts you at risk for other complications.

Just recovered from a cold, viral so nothing I could do but trying to manage the symptoms to limit the chance for secondary infections. Corenza C, vitamins, tea, sleep.

Neck and up, light exercise still ok.

I followed this 2 weeks ago with a cold, went for a ride, 2 weeks later I'm worse off. Have a whole bunch of secondary infections now. My GP says no. Rest till 100%

I followed this 2 weeks ago with a cold, went for a ride, 2 weeks later I'm worse off. Have a whole bunch of secondary infections now. My GP says no. Rest till 100%

A cold normally causes body aches as well, that's not neck and up.

What that normally refers to is sinus infections, I've done many a ride with a bad sinus infection, recovered quicker as a result.

But I try and stay logical, if in doubt, rest up and recover.

Offcourse you guys are100% right.

One always just hopes for that elusive piece of advice we know is never coming?

It's also hard to decide when you actually clear.

Rob