Who else is sick at the moment?

Howzit (saying it with a stuffed nose...)

I did a quick search regarding VITAMIN B SHOTS. No new posts. What is the latest about vitamin b shots? Easily available otc from the pharmacy/lbs? Need prescription? How much does it cost? Will it help if you are already sick?

I am g@tvol - everytime I attempt increasing training intensity, I get sick.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who else has the throat itch starting... not my idea of fun...

Already on the sinutab extra strength, ACC200 and Andolex-C throat spray.

seasonal change catches me all the time.

Had exactly the same thing! If I understand what my in-house doctor (read: wife) said about this is it seems to linger for anything up to 3 weeks. We decided to only start with the antibiotics after day 10 or so (although you could start earlier, but preferably nothing earlier than day 7). I am currently on  day 2 of a 3 day course and already I am feeling back to normal.

Get well soon. It's a bugger.

Howzit (saying it with a stuffed nose...)

I did a quick search regarding VITAMIN B SHOTS. No new posts. What is the latest about vitamin b shots? Easily available otc from the pharmacy/lbs? Need prescription? How much does it cost? Will it help if you are already sick?

I am g@tvol - everytime I attempt increasing training intensity, I get sick.

My cardiologist recommended zinc-selenium tablets for boosting your immune system.

Looks like the school sniffle season has started early in 2015.

My daughter has already had it and she gave it to me.

Not too serious (no riding) but doesn't seem to want to disappear completely.

This year, I am having both flu shots EARLY and taking ALL my Vits.

Im sick of my work and the k@k I have to deal with, the constant reminder of you're not the right colour, not the right age bla bla bla.

Its been used as leverage to not give me an increase the past 2 years.

Would like a change in career, worried I may be too old for something new.

Does that count as being sick of something?

Common cold cant be treated with antibiotics period. All you can do is treat the symptoms, nothing more nothing less. Ride it out. 

Must be placebo effect then...

• 2 months later...

I came down with probably the worst flu I have ever had in my life 4 days after the tour durban and then while I was out for the count with the flu I picked up an upper respiratory tract infection which 4 weeks later is still with me. The last time I was on my bike was the race on the 26th of April. I have started to wonder if I will ever get better!

Was booked off by the doctor last week with an  upper respiratory tract infection finished meds on Sunday. Started training Monday and Tuesday very easy, this morning I woke up feeling like a relapse is going to happen

Was just thinking to myself last week that im finally feeling healthy again after some flu and then over the weekend friends come over to visit and their two snot buckets came with coughing and spluttering all over the place... By Monday afternoon at work my chest was starting to get whoozie... not impressed with those kids at the moment

Kids are just germ-incubators. Luckily mine are grown up and I don't have any friends with kids.

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sick, but came down hard yesterday.   :blush:

(Been Watching to much Downhill on Sundays) :ph34r:

Will be off the bike for some weeks. :thumbdown:

post-59281-0-17386600-1434378672_thumb.jpg

Yesterday after only 6km could hardly breath and felt dizzy,had to push bike .Took some meds with some Klipdrift.Has helped a bit. Chemist says I should see a Dr.

Had proper flu 2 weeks before Trans Karoo, felt awful during the race and had my worst day ever on a bike.

Started feeling better about a week after, 2 weeks ago rode in the fog on TM and have been battling an URTI ever since. I got so frustrated being off the bike that I rode on Saturday, and just hammered it.

Now I'm coughing up lumps of rubber and feel like death warmed up.

Should have learned by now.