Suspicious bike add

stickscg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stolen bike, that's been partially stripped for parts. The pics are clearly taken in a township somewhere.

Looks suspicious for sure.Advertisment also very vague. But..... The bike is on a bike stand. In the township they use a brick for that.50/50 call for me.

Yup. Looks like it's stripped and is now being sold. Lindiwe won't sell it though because nobody wants a 26er anymore. She will have to ride it to work herself :)

Look at the tool box in the one pic - there is a BB tool in there, so clearly this is one way of the bike jackers to dispose of their "earnings".

This is something I have said all along with the bike jackings - they lie low, the bike gets stripped, parts probably sold right here on the hub then a year or two later the frame pops up for sale somewhere. if this frame popped up for sale on the hub with slightly more "kosher" pictures chances are it would have been sold no questions asked...

I reckon there are so many replaced stolen parts on that bike. One pic the Crank is missing, another pic the crank is back but the tyres are missing.

Good place for SAPS to bust, must be more there.

Voicemail at the moment - interested in how much they she wants and where the other parts are.

Has anyone reported this to Olx?

I was bored, so sent her an email. she can't tell me what size the bike is. she says it's a complete bike -and it's her fiance's bike - and he has lost his fingers and he can't ride anymore.

I was bored, so sent her an email. she can't tell me what size the bike is. she says it's a complete bike -and it's her fiance's bike - and he has lost his fingers and he can't ride anymore.

hahahaaaaaa . Probably had his fingers chopped off for stealing.

if anyone wanting to buy this bike isn't careful, you might loose fingers, or more, in the process as well

Also phoned and got a whole breakdown - Bike will be complete - all parts are present.

If I send my e-mail the boyfriend will mail me photos of a roadbike that they have as well.

Maybe more hubbers should show their interest.