How many kg have you dropped since cycling?

1.88m,

Gr12, 86 kg

Army, 92 kg

Married 88kg

Started cycling at 37, 86kg

5 years later, 83kg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same race, left-Dec 2013, right Dec-2014......& lost another 2kgs since, whilst training for Trans Draak.

That's very impressive[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Befor I started taking cycling seriously I was weighing 90kg and was only 1.70m tall, I played prop for the o/15 B team at our school, then in August I started pedaling to get fit for the Spur MTB schools series and got bit by the cycling bug!After about 1500km I lost 15kg's.Its not as much as the other hubbers but it has improved my cycling alot and I'm verry proud of it

Befor I started taking cycling seriously I was weighing 90kg and was only 1.70m tall, I played prop for the o/15 B team at our school, then in August I started pedaling to get fit for the Spur MTB schools series and got bit by the cycling bug!After about 1500km I lost 15kg's.Its not as much as the other hubbers but it has improved my cycling alot and I'm verry proud of it

The amount is irrelevant...what is important is that you lost some kg's showing some mental toughness. Its not within everyone to realize that they are overweight and then do something about it. A lot of people know they are overweight and just do not do anything about it and then come up with a lot of different excuses why they are like this etc etc (im not judging here, there are people with genuine problems), reality is that people are lazy and find it difficult to motivate themselfs (Myself included some weeks haha). It is important that you find healthy food that you like and find an activity that you like for longevity of a healthy lifestyle, it just makes the self motivation part a lot easier haha. Well done on your weight loss and rember to have fun, even when taking cycling, or any sport, seriously.

Hi all.

Busy with banting now 4 weeks. Lost about 8kgs so far.

Try to take in 75% fat, 20% protein and 5 % carbs. Try to exercise 6-10hrs per week, however, the past week I struggled with the cold. Only lost 1KG, but that is without any exercise.

Next week again to increase mileage, and see how the fat melts away. I must say, I feel great!

started last October at 106kg, but my eating was really messed up so didnt loose much in the time. late March I changed my eating and have been following since and increased my cycling to about 8 hours a week.

Since then I am down 4kg in last 4 weeks, and feel soo much more alive and can feel a difference on the bike already. My goal is to get to under 90kg by August, doing it slow so its easier to maintain

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Im new to this thread.....but to start off, how many hours a week or distance did you you do to drop 10kg?

Hi, Riaan

Sorry for the really late reply - I haven't been on the hub in a while.

I was doing about 50-60km a week with average climbing to distance @ 150m per 10km. 

Started cycling for fun last year at around 128 kg...did the beachfront...ushaka to blue lagoon on the weekends...this year i decided to put in a little more effort...1 January 2015 i weighed in at 121.8 kg...cycled just over 500 km including a 100km strava challenge... got on the scale on the 31 jan...weighed exactly 121.8 kg checked twice...no change in my eating pattern...same old junk food.

In feb i cut out coke....and potatoes etc...dropped to 112 kg...were i am at now....been very slack with eating...still too much bread and junk.

Bust my ankle but continued riding...bad idea...foot slipped off the pedal and foot hit the ground...couldnt rid for about 3 weeks.

Done just over 1300 km and 17500 m elev gain since 1 Jan ...it seems eating right is the key to dropped kgs...on some days between the rowing machine and the bicycle i burn over 2000 calories in a day...my fat gut is still hanging in there [emoji15]

93 kg 2 years ago. lifetime athlete mostly running.

Began to train hard for cycling on the MTB and now in preparation for Sani race I am at 78 kg.

I eat whole food, lots of water.  

My family says I look sick though so perhaps have taken things a bit far!

5 April I was 94.5kg. This AM I was 86.8.

With any luck I will hit 10kgs drop in 30 days.

Aim is upper 70's to low 80's. Nearly there.

Problem is a lot of my clothes are starting to look big on me. Sigh... Shopping time coming up.

10 down 10 to go :clap:

All my clothes really looks bad on me now, but I'm looking forward to the shopping.

Was just thinking about my 'job done' comment and in fact I guess the problem is that perhaps, at least to my mind, the easier part which is losing the weight is done  :thumbup:

Now the hard part which is maintaining it begins ...... pretty much as I have also stated before you can never go back to a 'normal' eating pattern as that is what got you there in the first place and in fact it is best just to stick with what got you to here FOREVER. Anything else just becomes a slippery slope, at least in my case it does  :cursing:

Archived