Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

2688 posts... took 3 days to read all as i did not want to miss out on the last 12 month of mostly excitement . 

Shift worker so my schedule is very erratic, will watch the thread and join where I can 

Mission... get into some points before year end, and score socks and a shirt (hint -hint)  :whistling:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on month to month. Almost R180 every month...eish maybe it is time to shop for another app.

I am on month to month. Almost R180 every month...eish maybe it is time to shop for another app.

:eek:  :eek: :eek:  

And they keep deducting from my credit card. If I renew or not...

Exactly the reason why you never choose auto renewal. Mission impossible getting them to stop it. I also do not sign debit orders if I can help it

Exactly the reason why you never choose auto renewal. Mission impossible getting them to stop it. I also do not sign debit orders if I can help it

That is the reason why I Started with the month to month option. Was under the impression once the month valid licence expired it was up to me to renew. But the first month after it expired (last year September), they renew it by them self and subtracted from my credit card.

Did send Dave a mail on that, but he did not have a answer for it.

Since then every month my licence been renewed. R170 plus depending the exchange rate. With the current exchange rate it is almost R180 per month now. I don't think it is worth the money any more though.

Kindly note, I never entered any agreement for this monthly deduction or give at any time permission to subtract money on a monthly basis from my credit card.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Edited by Mongoose!

Kindly note, I never entered any agreement for this monthly deduction or give at any time permission to subtract money on a monthly basis from my

credit card.

If you did not authorize it instruct your bank to reverse the charge to your card. Edited by Broker

If you did not authorize it instruct your bank to reverse the charge to your card.

Dont want to do that as i did use the service and raced on line. Just need a cheaper option from now on, or I will change to a different App.

What are you guys paying currently?

Number of months?

Once off or per month?

Will I be able to use my Power beam without a licence off line. (Have no Joule). Interval option / downloaded routes riding off line?

That is the reason why I Started with the month to month option. Was under the impression once the month valid licence expired it was up to me to renew. But the first month after it expired (last year September), they renew it by them self and subtracted from my credit card.

Since then every month my licence been renewed. R170 plus depending the exchange rate. With the current exchange rate it is almost R180 per month now. I don't think it is worth the money any more though.

Kindly note, I never entered any agreement for this monthly deduction or give at any time permission to subtract money on a monthly basis from my credit card.

From Bicycle Power side, we as a company are not involved in the debiting of any accounts nor do we profit from any subscriptions sold.

The subscription can be set up to be auto renewed or month to month debit log into my.virtualtraining.cycleops.com and the feature is under subscription management. See the pic below.

Well technically you did. I accidentally noticed when I renewed that there is a option: Auto renewel Yes or no. The default option is yes if you did not physically uncheck the box and tick no. Very clever on their side

As stated earlier I recently renewed for 6 months and paid $70. If you choose 12 months it is $120

Don't know if I will renew after this 6 months. Technically that will make my powerbeam useless since I don't have a joule to control the resistance. Not keen to by a joule gps computer for R3750 just for this function. Means my powerbeam might up for graps in November

Oh well....all good things come to an end. Maybe I will try tacx.....

Well technically you did. I accidentally noticed when I renewed that there is a option: Auto renewel Yes or no. The default option is yes if you did not physically uncheck the box and tick no. Very clever on their side

Baie dankie. Gaan verseker!!

As stated earlier I recently renewed for 6 months and paid $70. If you choose 12 months it is $120

Don't know if I will renew after this 6 months. Technically that will make my powerbeam useless since I don't have a joule to control the resistance. Not keen to by a joule gps computer for R3750 just for this function. Means my powerbeam might up for graps in November

Oh well....all good things come to an end. Maybe I will try tacx.....

OUCH ,  i feel your pain . and here i am considering going that route cos i thought other options were pricier. Even wanted to buy a powerbeam  :blush:

OUCH ,  i feel your pain . and here i am considering going that route cos i thought other options were pricier. Even wanted to buy a powerbeam  :blush:

Don't get me wrong! I reckon it is 1 of the best out there and the virtual trainer software is out of this world. If money was no consideration I would not mind paying