Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done guys! Looks like I left my legs at office. Started burning already 5min and I thought I was starting conservatively. Good workout non the less. Well done Bigshow! How did you do in the previous race we did online?

.....Without the membership the powerbeam is actually useless. ...

Don't agree. Check out PerfPro as an alternative, run in ERG MODE, and load up on Sufferfest vid's If you want MRC files pm me.

Never made previous one. Load shedding. Was at coast on holiday. Any chance of a ride Thursday night again.

Well done guys, glad to see the racing is still going strong.

Some interesting firmware updates coming from cycleops virtual training in the next months.......

Don't agree. Check out PerfPro as an alternative, run in ERG MODE, and load up on Sufferfest vid's If you want MRC files pm me.

So is there anyway to use (control resistance) your power beam by not:

-Being on-line

-not having an active Virtual Trainer app license - or any other "pay app"

-not having a Joule cycle computer.

When I bought my power beam (last year Sept) I've been advised that you only need a license to do on-line races.....

Edited by Mongoose!

So is there anyway to use (control resistance) your power beam by not:

-Being on-line

-not having an active Virtual Trainer app license - or any other "pay app"

-not having a Joule cycle computer.

When I bought my power beam (last year Sept) I've been advised that you only need a license to do on-line races.....

If cvt is not paid up, functional will be limited i.e. no workouts, no routes, no online racing

You will however have free ride where u can control the trainer on target power or grade

This functionality is limited to 1 then you will have to restart

So not everything is lost. No Internet is needed for this either.

If cvt is not paid up, functional will be limited i.e. no workouts, no routes, no online racingYou will however have free ride where u can control the trainer on target power or gradeThis functionality is limited to 1 then you will have to restartSo not everything is lost. No Internet is needed for this either.

Thanks. Is this only for an Ipad or Desktop as,well?

Thanks for the info. DC rainmaker likes it as well. I see it is $99 but I think that is a once off. Will surely try this after my 6 month subscription finish

Seem to have slightly hijacked this thread...apologies ahead of time.

PerfPro is a once off purchase, no monthly subs nor online connection required. Simple and functional. Comes preloaded with the older Sufferfest ERG files (power profile controller files), but I have slowly been updating these to match the newer releases.

My only gripe is that it does not provide pre ride calibration for the cyclops trainer, full support for the Kicker etc. DC's review is accurate.