Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

I have gone into an unplanned winter hibernation. Will try to make it. I have not turned a pedal since last week Tuesday - I HATE WINTER!!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those looking to heat things up this winter, the CycleOps VIP Training Team Time Trial Challenge is now up and running !! Bragging rights are on offer !!

CYCLEOPS VIP HUB TTT CHALLENGE

R 500,00 TO RIDE A TTT IN THE HOME OF CYCLING

Is there a ‘nought’ missing ? No-sir-ee Bob ! For just 500 ZAR’s your Team can ride a TTT in the home of cycling, just outside Antwerp in the Belgian flatlands.

Kapellan VI in Flanders is the latest of our ‘get out there – in here’ routes at the CycleOps VIP Hub at 777 Rivonia Rd. – just down the drag ! Our Kapellan VIP TTT Challenge is part of our build-up to the 2015 Tour de France that culminates on 26th July ‘out there’ on the Champs-Elysees. As an added bonus, we’ll be hosting a simultaneous VT ride (with the peleton) up Alpe d’Huez on Sat 25th July for anybody who’s keen !!!

How does it work ?

1.       Gather together 3 of your closest buddies who you’d like to see sweat a little, plus you.

2.       Book at date and time by giving us a call on 011-072-0847

3.       Arrive alive and give us 20 minutes to set you up on our Phantom 5 IC’s and show you how our unique VT (Virtual Training) system works ‘in here’.

4.       Pay your R 500 and pass ‘go’ …..

5.       The next 31,7 km is up to you !

6.       Enter more than one team by all means – additional teams at R 200 each only.

When you finish ……..

1.       If your team average (all 4 riders – pro’s excluded) is less than 1 hour, the first beer or glass of wine (for each finisher) is on us !

2.       The winning team at the end of the TdF gets incredible bragging rights, which we’ll publicise widely !

3.       The winning team is also exempted from the Alpe d’Huez climb on 25th July !

4.       A company nominated by the winning team will get a free month’s Corporate membership of the CycleOps VIP Hub for 4 nominated members.

T’s and C’s:

·         The TTT Challenge is only open to riders who haven’t ridden Kapellan VI ‘in here’ before.

·         We’ll calculate all the average times – no arguments – this is fun !

·         Please sign our standard indemnity before passing ‘go’

CycleOps VIP Hub – Get out There in Here !

Need more info ? Feel free to contact us: http://cycleopsvip.co.za/contact-us/ 

Well done Bigshow! That was a tough race! I tried to see how long I could go balls to the wall. Needless to say it only lasted the 1st 14km. Think my haertrate never went below 178 in that bit. Suffered big time till end. You destroyed us. Looking forward to next week :thumbup:

Well done guys. Never stood a chance. Great fun though! Will be back.

Out of interrest, does it make a difference if I use a MTB instead of roadie? Seems like I spinned out a lot.

Kakking even

Impressive ride, avg power 325 :eek:

Well done Bigshow! That was a tough race! I tried to see how long I could go balls to the wall. Needless to say it only lasted the 1st 14km. Think my haertrate never went below 178 in that bit. Suffered big time till end. You destroyed us. Looking forward to next week :thumbup:

Weather permitting I hope to join next weeks ride, need to get used to kakking again

I'm struggling to comprehend an average of 325 watts over an hour! That's superhuman in my books! The best I can muster is around the 250 mark... 

Impressive ride, avg power 325 :eek:

Weather permitting I hope to join next weeks ride, need to get used to kakking again

I'm struggling to comprehend an average of 325 watts over an hour! That's superhuman in my books! The best I can muster is around the 250 mark... 

Me to...the bladdy goal posts keep moving further away

Have seen very few just over 300W avg's in the Hub series, all by Mongoosetwo and Flippiej

Me to...the bladdy goal posts keep moving further away

Have seen very few just over 300W avg's in the Hub series, all by Mongoosetwo and Flippiej

Need to work on my FTP...