Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Thanks. Is this only for an Ipad or Desktop as,well?

desktop at the moment does not have the free ride option, there are updates expected in the coming months however i am not sure on what is included in these.  

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

desktop at the moment does not have the free ride option, there are updates expected in the coming months however i am not sure on what is included in these.

Thanks.

Hi All

Just bought the Wahoo Kickr, cant wait to join the races. I take it info on the races will be posted here weekly?

Also if you dont mind a bit of a hijack, other than virtual training, which subscription is usefull? Trainerroad etc...?

Hi All

Just bought the Wahoo Kickr, cant wait to join the races. I take it info on the races will be posted here weekly?

Also if you dont mind a bit of a hijack, other than virtual training, which subscription is usefull? Trainerroad etc...?

Great! Welcome! Yip if there is a race it is normally posted here. Races normally on a Tuesday evening but I think we are going to try and create races for thu evenings as well. You are also welcome to create races

To be honest if you subscribe to cycleops virtual training there is no need for other subscriptions as well. You can create your own workouts and there are numerous workouts created to choose from anyway. The possibilities are endless

Hi All

You can also check out Zwift: http://www.zwift.com/. Works great with the Kickr.

Great! Welcome! Yip if there is a race it is normally posted here. Races normally on a Tuesday evening but I think we are going to try and create races for thu evenings as well. You are also welcome to create races

To be honest if you subscribe to cycleops virtual training there is no need for other subscriptions as well. You can create your own workouts and there are numerous workouts created to choose from anyway. The possibilities are endless

Thanx

Nice to know, otherwise it does become a bit expensive every month

Will race 1 night and ride 1 night

The only time that remotely works is if you race strictly according to a max HR. Otherwise the challenge is irresistible.

The only time that remotely works is if you race strictly according to a max HR. Otherwise the challenge is irresistible.

I call bullsheet always go till you blow

I see there is a race for Tuesday evening. Great I have joined.

Just 1 or 2 things: I think if we create races we need to try keep them just below 1hr. This makes for a great balls to the wall effort without stuffing you up too much so you can do some good intensity training later in week as well. This race I think will be well over 1hr long with that amount of climbing.

Just my opinion. It is also public holiday so is it possible to make it bit earlier this week? When we get loadshedding it is normally at night and starting at 8pm

So is there anyway to use (control resistance) your power beam by not:

-Being on-line

-not having an active Virtual Trainer app license - or any other "pay app"

-not having a Joule cycle computer.

When I bought my power beam (last year Sept) I've been advised that you only need a license to do on-line races.....

The joule computer is your best option, i know you said without a joule but for  $50 one off payment you can use your powerbeam forever using either watts or gradient for resistance, or you can just ride normal (free?). The only time i ever go online is for a race or if i want to ride a particular route.

Thanks bud! No worries! Lets see how it goes. Was just a suggestion for future. See tue evening. Hope that timeslot suits the rest