Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like the Beta at all. Stopped using it

I agree, started using TrainerRoad en looking at Zwift as well

Might skip the race...again...seeing that it is my birthday, I have to decide to do half the race, or skip all together?

My apologies Saag, very rude of me not to wish you yesterday

Hope you had a good one :thumbup:

Now I will stop too.

Well, according to their FB page:

The official release of CVT is dangerously close! The new desktop app will flip from beta to the live version for a fun and exciting indoor season. We wanted to extend a big thank you for all the beta-testers who were able to provide valuable feedback.

If you haven’t had a chance to check out what the new CycleOps VirtualTraining has to offer, visit www.cvt2015.com . Stay tuned for October 22nd!

I've had few issues with the desktop beta, though I never used the old one so I have nothing to compare with. The only real annoyance so far is that I can't seem to get the route videos to play, even though I downloaded it beforehand.

Is it only with the racing that there are so many issues?

Anyone giving Beta version feedback?

Remember their comment:

#2710924Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

photo-thumb-15392.png?_r=1445347201 Posted by BicyclePower on 15 September 2015 - 11:18 in Events

Hi Guys so CycleOps Virtual Training has been working on a new more exciting and social update, this can be downloaded via cvt2015.com please note this is in BETA stage at this point in time so please if there any bugs please mail info(at)bicyclepower.co.za and we will address these.

its available for iPad, Android and PC !! 

Remember their comment:

photo-thumb-15392.png?_r=1445347201 Posted by BicyclePower on 15 September 2015 - 11:18 in Events

Hi Guys so CycleOps Virtual Training has been working on a new more exciting and social update, this can be downloaded via cvt2015.com please note this is in BETA stage at this point in time so please if there any bugs please mail info(at)bicyclepower.co.za and we will address these.

They should pay us to sort out their bugs... not the other way round...lol

Remember their comment:

I gave feedback a few times.They changed 1 or 2 things I have mentioned but since the latest update it does not even want to pick up my trainer or anything anymore. Few very nice extra features in beta but also a few features that was better in older version. Anyhow, stopped using it now. My "membership" ends in Nov and I will more than likely try something else

I gave feedback a few times.They changed 1 or 2 things I have mentioned but since the latest update it does not even want to pick up my trainer or anything anymore. Few very nice extra features in beta but also a few features that was better in older version. Anyhow, stopped using it now. My "membership" ends in Nov and I will more than likely try something else

I feel the same, only reason I still pay for it is to do the online racing.

So, should we start checking out alternatives, would hate to lose this racing group we have got going here.

I feel the same, only reason I still pay for it is to do the online racing.

So, should we start checking out alternatives, would hate to lose this racing group we have got going here.

It is possible to meet up and race on Zwift. ...

It is possible to meet up and race on Zwift. ...

Jip, had a look as well, unfortunately they only support 64 bit windows now, and my laptop is still 32 bit. Can make a plan however with another PC, so maybe worthwile?

Anyone else keen to try it?

Sounds like it's free until the Beta version ends...Can't see pricing.

Only pc support with ANT+

Does seem that the VirtualTraining app will please more people being cross platform compatible.

I am starting to think my own issues with it is related to the laptop I am using, will try it out on another one in 2 weeks time and see if my issues with connectivity goes away.

It is just frustrating pedalling your arse off and nothing happens on the screen, which is made worse when you expect a gradient change, but nothing happens...

Does seem that the VirtualTraining app will please more people being cross platform compatible.

I am starting to think my own issues with it is related to the laptop I am using, will try it out on another one in 2 weeks time and see if my issues with connectivity goes away.

It is just frustrating pedalling your arse off and nothing happens on the screen, which is made worse when you expect a gradient change, but nothing happens...

Which IDT do you have Saag? BTE or ANT+? Seems even the "stable" users had issues on the day...

Which IDT do you have Saag? BTE or ANT+? Seems even the "stable" users had issues on the day...

Running ANT+ (Wahoo Kickr)....Might have been a global issue yes. Lets hope!

Archived