R.I.P carbon rigid

Rushdee

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight Hijack.

Saw this Saturday at Meerendal. Had a chat to the owner, says it works a treat. No working parts, "suspension" part is performed by the horizontal bits that is made from some sort of plastic / polymer. Got a guarantee of 5 yrs, no maintenance needed. Fitted to a Cannondale, he replaced the Lefty with this.

Slight Hijack.

Saw this Saturday at Meerendal. Had a chat to the owner, says it works a treat. No working parts, "suspension" part is performed by the horizontal bits that is made from some sort of plastic / polymer. Got a guarantee of 5 yrs, no maintenance needed. Fitted to a Cannondale, he replaced the Lefty with this.

Apparently rather shocking rebound characteristics on that fork, you bound to the rebound of the carbon spring action and it can be a bit like a Pogo stick on rough terrain.

EDIT: Pardon the poor play on words above, only realised this after hitting send.

Edited by Hairy

EDIT: Pardon the poor play on words above, only realised this after hitting send.

It was within bounds and abounds with usefull information. :P

Apparently rather shocking rebound characteristics on that fork, you bound to the rebound of the carbon spring action and it can be a bit like a Pogo stick on rough terrain.

He did say at Meerendal - are their any proper bumps there?

Slight Hijack.

probably work as well as these anti gravity shocks.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Zanetti7/AntiG-m1.jpg

Dumb move on any rigid bike I recon...

Title of thread should be: "how not to ride a carbon rigid..."

probably work as well as these anti gravity shocks.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Zanetti7/AntiG-m1.jpg

Was about to say that this fork is very 1992, then I saw the Mountain Bike Action / December 1993 on the bottom of the page .... the days before Lawyers lips and lots of Ano colours.

Observation from my side.

When the bike industry wants to do "something new" they always use bright in your face colours .... MTB back in the early days, #ENDURO today and then odd bits in between this period.

Considering what you jumped, and how thin the layering of the fork was, I'd say you came off lightly.

Was good to meet you okes Sunday.

Some crazy jumps up there.