• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) 9/10. Might just be my favourite movie of 2018. And you know what a big Marvel fan I am. 

A Star is Born (2018) 8/10. If only it wasn't for Bohemian Rhapsody... Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga deserve every nomination for every award they get.

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) 9/10. Might just be my favourite movie of 2018. And you know what a big Marvel fan I am. 

A Star is Born (2018) 8/10. If only it wasn't for Bohemian Rhapsody... Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga deserve every nomination for every award they get.

Aren't you the guy on this thread who waited like 6 months to watch infinity war and then gave it 7/10? If so then nope, you certainly fooled me!  ^_^

Aren't you the guy on this thread who waited like 6 months to watch infinity war and then gave it 7/10? If so then nope, you certainly fooled me!  ^_^

Think you're confusing me with someone else.  ^_^

Saw it the day it came out (digital release, Jul 31) and I gave it 8/10. 

Think you're confusing me with someone else.  ^_^

Saw it the day it came out (digital release, Jul 31) and I gave it 8/10. 

ok 3 months, maybe I was thinking about your Black Panther but anyway I think we might have different interpretations of the concept of "big fan".

But, also though Star is Born was great, somehow not in a hurry to see Bohemian Rhapsody

ok 3 months, maybe I was thinking about your Black Panther but anyway I think we might have different interpretations of the concept of "big fan".

But, also though Star is Born was great, somehow not in a hurry to see Bohemian Rhapsody

I think different interpretations are inevitable.  ;)

I consider myself a big Marvel fan because I've been reading and collecting comics since I was a kid, I follow as many writers and artists as I can and I interact with them as often as I can. I also watch all the movies and TV series (though some I don't finish) and discuss them on comic book forums.

I think the main thing is I'm not a kid anymore so I prefer waiting to see a movie in the comfort of my own home. And if I don't like a series then I don't feel compelled to finish it. I don't think this makes me less of a fan - but I can see how people might perceive it, especially when you compare me to fans of the Big Bang Theory variety.

Another superb piece of film by the legend

Character arc great

Dramatic

Tense

Edited by 'Dale

If you grew up with comic books like I did. Do it. 

Saw it this weekend, tried to dodge another freakin superhero movie but the kids insisted...

Turned out to be well worth watching, enjoyed the comic book style.

Readsalot when you review this in 6 month's time I'm sure you will enjoy this as well  :ph34r:

The movie industry is riding this comic book train as hard as they can. 50 years from now we gonna look back and say...wtf.. were we not able to come up with anything else.... Its too much in my book...

The movie industry is riding this comic book train as hard as they can. 50 years from now we gonna look back and say...wtf.. were we not able to come up with anything else.... Its too much in my book...

There are fantastic movies from  independent producers :thumbup:  in Europe especially. Just the big USA studios that are stuck without imagination and keep repeating the same recipe until it fails financially, then jump on the next pre-packaged gravy train.  :thumbdown:

I thoroughly enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody despite doubting that they could make a half decent movie about Freddy Mercury. He was such an over the top and energetic, frenetic personality, but they got it right. Won't give it more than 8/10 though. (To get a 9 or a 10, a movie should not just tell a story well, it must do something extraordinary, imaginative, unusual, possibly not seen before)

We watched Bohemian Rhapsody this weekend. I was skeptical beforehand but glad I Watched. Had goosebumps at the end with the Live Aid concert  :thumbup: