• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Boy Called Sailboat (2018) 8/10. Lovely, charming, sweet and quirky. Great soundtrack, excellent cast.

+1. Watched it today.

Another great Mexico-centric movie, in the same mould as Nacho Libere and The Milagro Beanfield War.

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Not your typical Marvel Superhero movie, but entertaining nonetheless.

I watched Ready Player One with my 12 YO daughter last night. quite an enjoyable movie, but if like 80's pop culture you can spend the whole movie just picking out all the references in the movie. its quite fun. its like one of those brain teaser things where you have to find all the hidden names in the picture.

Edited by forkie

I watched Ready Player One with my 12 YO daughter last night. quite an enjoyable movie, but if like 80's pop culture you can spend the whole movie just picking out all the references in the movie. its quite fun. its like one of those brain teaser things where you have to find all the hidden names in the picture.

I loved it. So.much so that I think I'm gonna watch it again tonight. It was very different. Almost hunger games meets Tron meets Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Also yeah the pop culture refs are excellent. For that reason and the fact that it looks EPIC I really wanna get Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases.

Avengers End Game 

3 hr 02 minutes or something

Go hydrated

Pack a few gels

Aww yiss!

Considering doing a Avengers mini-marathon: Infinity War and Endgame back-to-back (although I've seen IW a bazillion times). 

So pumped. 

Dude.... dude. Wow. That movie gave me all the feels. Was broken, at the end. 

some movies just hit you right in the gut. The other one is the Italian guy who hides his kid while in the concentration camp. Can't recall the name.

some movies just hit you right in the gut. The other one is the Italian guy who hides his kid while in the concentration camp. Can't recall the name.

Agreed, what an amazing movie .... even at the very end it is both sad and happy....going to have to watch this with the boy's over the weekend too.

Agreed, what an amazing movie .... even at the very end it is both sad and happy....going to have to watch this with the boy's over the weekend too.

If you enjoyed this then I suggest this movie. Another classic in the same mould.

Edited by Lotus

Avengers End Game

3 hr 02 minutes or something

Go hydrated

Pack a few gels

I have a date with my boys on Friday[emoji847][emoji847]

I loved it. So.much so that I think I'm gonna watch it again tonight. It was very different. Almost hunger games meets Tron meets Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Also yeah the pop culture refs are excellent. For that reason and the fact that it looks EPIC I really wanna get Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases.

I would recommend reading the book... so much better than the movie. I smashed the book over a weekend, watched the movie on the Tuesday, was bitterly disappointed...

I would recommend reading the book... so much better than the movie. I smashed the book over a weekend, watched the movie on the Tuesday, was bitterly disappointed...

Yeah, normally I try to disassociate myself from the book / movie if I've experienced the original. Otherwise, it's disastrous. Only one I haven't really felt like that with is the LOTR series, but even then there was some directive license taken with the movies that just would have been so much better if the book had been followed. Worst without a doubt was the "Seeker" series of books. Damg, that TV adaptation was feckin terrible.