Maintaining fitness during Ramadaan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EdEdEd
I was curious to know how other hubbers cope with fasting and the impact it has on overall fitness.

Work on mental fitness!!!

In the history of sport science the benifit of 'visualisation' has been proven to be very real!

My team mates, once they get use to the fasting, would do a easy to tempo pace rides on weekends or during the week 2 - 3 hours before breaking fast. I've even heard of one dude doing a full out intensity ride, intervals etc at night.

Spinning in the evening at a gym plus some weight would work. You can't exercise in the day without taking in water unfortunately.

riding a easy 5kms a day 5 times a day to mosque and back is my remedy, some cycling beats no cycling

I've even heard of one dude doing a full out intensity ride, intervals etc at night.

A friend of mine is an elite triathlete and trains at night after a snack.

20km interval sessions just before iftaar.

Going to be a little thirsty,then soon as you home shower etc and break fast

Or couple hours on the IDT like im doing as I type this.haha

I give it a break for Ramadaan. However, I will continue to commute (slowly, very slowly) if the weather plays along and I don't need a car for meetings.

I used the ride to mosque and back, not very far, but keeps the legs working. I say used to, cos I sold my bike last week. Planning to start riding on a new bike after Ramadaan. إن شاء الله :)

I don't do anything during Ramadaan either. As a result, I feel a noticeable lack of fitness once I start getting back into it after Eid. Commuting to mosque is a great idea though. I'm going to try and sort out my ss with that intention in mind.

Archived