Kimmage Interviews Froome

Thug

Without the pump asthma sufferers cant compete, so in your argument all asthma sufferers are precluded from sport. Nice one.

so what? Either you're the best in the world or you're not.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without the pump asthma sufferers cant compete, so in your argument all asthma sufferers are precluded from sport. Nice one.

And as you point out, all the pump does is level the playing field, so your 'logic' escapes me...

What if I want to level the playing field wrt muscle mass....weight loss or the unicorn...hematocrit level. I mean why should johnny be so lucky to be born with huge quads and calves...have a thyroid that works like machine and a natural hematocrit count of 53. I am just leveling the playing field you know.

I get it now thanks :wacko:

Your arguments make no sense at all. Thats not cheating. Cheating in sports is the intentional breaking of rules in order to obtain an advantage over the other teams or players.

His asthma pump is not a performance enhancing drug. You cannot penalise him simply because he has asthma!

Can a guy with genetically weak legs use a motorbike then? You can't penalise him for weak legs...

Lance only had one ball so his testosterone levels were lower than others, so fairs fair he can level the playing field by taking some? Is that about right?

so what? Either you're the best in the world or you're not.

Exactly....we are not talking the 20km fun race at babbas lodge here....Its the tdf, the pinnacle of the sport. Would it be such a disaster if the best(fittest / best genetics / team) won....isn't that the point of it all.

choose...??

To be or to support

I'd rather be the non-asthmatic athlete, I am asthmatic, it is not fun, racing is harder without, I have done it without before. Oh and the higher possibility to have a heart attack due to the extra strain on the heart because there is a feeling of drowning whilst surrounded by beautiful breathable air, but cannot get it into the lungs. No thanks.

TUE's are there for a reason, there is chronic conditions for which it is supposed to help, if you are treating a temporary condition, the cyclist should be rested and NOT racing. In my not so humble opinion.

Maybe I have missed something but I gathered that the main query about CF's perceived "cleanness" was the prednisone in the Tour of Romandie that got a remarkably quick TUE (Cookson jnr was mentioned) and was administered in doses which some felt were high for an athlete in competition. It also seemed contradictory to Sky's no racing with a TUE "policy". I'm being careful here.

But at that time CF and his Sky handlers may have seen themselves as being in competition for the top spot for the TdF with Wiggo who was whacking all and sundry in the Tour of California. Not sure of the dates.

And as you point out, all the pump does is level the playing field, so your 'logic' escapes me...

The line used by every doper since Moses....I'm astounded you cannot see how shallow your argument is, you clearly state it levels the playing field yet fail to see that in doing so the user is getting an advantage.

Like ol' one ball, legal boost of testosterone....

Okay.. let's say froome is ligit.

Firstly he sucks at interviews.

This was at Romandie right? Where he got his TUE right?

So why didn't he say this, because I have not been feeling well my breathing was effected, I did receive medication for the flue or whatever, when I have a chest infection it makes the asthma worse and I felt my chest tightening that's why I am using the inhaler..

But no.. he went and said I needed it for a big effort.

Can a guy with genetically weak legs use a motorbike then? You can't penalise him for weak legs...

What stupid example, remember we are talking unfair advantage outside of the rules of the sport here. Him using the inhaler is not unfair and doesnt give him any advantage

What if I want to level the playing field wrt muscle mass....weight loss or the unicorn...hematocrit level. I mean why should johnny be so lucky to be born with huge quads and calves...have a thyroid that works like machine and a natural hematocrit count of 53. I am just leveling the playing field you know.

I get it now thanks :wacko:

You must have gone ballistic when Oscar competed in the London Olympics ...

I dont get your argument here...I wont lie :wacko:

Dont worry it happens a lot, you humans are on a different wave length :whistling:

What i meant was that even in a sport like cycling having good vision is critical, not so?

Just try and ride when you cannot see properly. I know i'm short sighted and wore glasses, then contacts and later had laser sugery. Once or twice long ago I represented my province in triathlon and SA at masters XCO wc while wearing contacts and after laser surgery. Without these i would not have been able to do this. I'm sure there are thousands of people including pro's in the peleton with the same situation.

SEE what i mean yet?

The logic used to be critical of TUE's is flawed. Based on some posters, no diabetic, asthmatic or anybody else with a chronic conditions should ever be allowed to race at Elite level, which is BS.

If Froome is guilty of anything, time will tell, ask Lance. If he is clean, time will tell. My view of professional sport is that it is entertainment, along the same level as professional wrestling, it is there to entertain the masses, like box office movies, some of the participants are clean, some not, it is all about creating the specticle though. Reality has nothing to do with it.

I think most people enjoy the controversy more that actually participating or getting actively involved in physical acitvity, it is too boring for the masses.

So why didn't he say this, because I have not been feeling well my breathing was effected, I did receive medication for the flue or whatever, when I have a chest infection it makes the asthma worse and I felt my chest tightening that's why I am using the inhaler..

But no.. he went and said I needed it for a big effort.

As I understand it, the inhaler is for a condition he has all the time, and needs a hit on the inhaler to avoid exercise induced asthma, as he explained this gives no advantage. It just keeps the airways open, keeps them normal.

The dood is under a very bright spot light, and personally I don't think MC is helping at this stage. Maybe he should engage a pro PR jobbie (not engage as in for marrying, engage as to enlist the services thereof)