No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

So who are these people that have doped?

These ex dopers - were they busted, or self admitted? I'm curious as to who you're referring to

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, when people say the same type of thing about SA cyclists, they get very "sue-y".

IF SAYING A OKE HAS DROPPED SERIAAAAAS BODY FAT, looks like a block of muscle gets me sued, he can go for it, never heard of a compliment getting you in hot water, then again SA has become a place for SUSSIES

These ex dopers - were they busted, or self admitted? I'm curious as to who you're referring to

And curious you shall remain. They've never been bust, so it should be self-evident why I won't - and will never - name them.

And curious you shall remain. They've never been bust, so it should be self-evident why I won't - and will never - name them.

just goes to show - anti doping in SA doesnt work very well...

However - i firmly believe biopassport is sorting that all out.

you'll see the dopers will no longer feature, while the new youngsters start kicking ass legitimately

Just goes to show how rife local doping is then. If one person knows of 3 dopers who admitted to doping and have never been caught, imagine how many dope, don't say a thing, and never get caught. Clearly our AntiDoping is not up to scratch.... this makes it too easy for good youngsters to go through that door.

Edited by Patchelicious

Omerta?

just goes to show - anti doping in SA doesnt work very well...

However - i firmly believe biopassport is sorting that all out.

you'll see the dopers will no longer feature, while the new youngsters start kicking ass legitimately

Passport only works with regular testing... Jeroen was on here not long ago, and his limited feedback on it was not positive to say the least. I'd guess less than 10 riders actually on the passport and even those probably only getting tested a handful of times a year. Anti-doping here just does not have the money to affectively police doping. It's as much a PR campaign as anything.

Another thing... out of competition tests - that's where you actually catch dopers! Not on the start/finish line of major races ;)

IE - he doesn't want a letter from emma :)

Yes I get that, and fully agree it will be silly to publish it here. But if you know of someone who dopes, shouldn't you report it to SAIDS? If you don't, are you not contributing to the problem?

ie, he understands how defamation and libel works.

but if they've told you they do it, then isnt that kinda negated? Also, if they're no longer pro cyclists, it wont affect their livelihood?

sorry - not trying to pick a fight here - genuinely curious

He is not referring to getting "ratted out"

Correct. In a similar vein, and we've agreed on this before, I have been told by former teammates of Froome that they also believe he was clean. I have no reason to disbelieve them.

If someone trusts me enough to tell me that they have doped in the past, I think I'll trust them when they venture an opinion on a rider they believe is clean.

but if they've told you they do it, then isnt that kinda negated? Also, if they're no longer pro cyclists, it wont affect their livelihood?

sorry - not trying to pick a fight here - genuinely curious

No, it doesn't negate it at all. Was I recording the conversations? Did I make notes? No. Think burden of proof.