Is there a decent hand pump available

LongDonkey

I have been told by my boss that he has seen a "telescoping hand pump" that will fit in your riding jersey pocket and works way better than simple pumps. This is because the handle firstly pulls out the normal plunger, and then a second sleeve slides out of the pump casing to give a telescoping effect. Effectively 2 pumps in one. I did not like running out of bombs and spending 10 min pumping on the side of the road when i had repeated problems during a race. I do not know what pressure it did, or make or cost. Just heard it exists. I am interested in this item. Anybody know if this exists or have i been misinformed?

I have one like this. It has a detachable pressure gauge and converter so it can be used on presta, schrader and shocks. It is a giant one, was about R450 when I bought last year.

Edit: the smaller sleeve that comes out first is a low pressure one for using on shocks then the second bigger telescoping one is used when pumping wheels.

Edited by Raydek

I have one like this. It has a detachable pressure gauge and converter so it can be used on presta, schrader and shocks. It is a giant one, was about R450 when I bought last year.

Edit: the smaller sleeve that comes out first is a low pressure one for using on shocks then the second bigger telescoping one is used when pumping wheels.

Any chance of a pic?

I have one too.

Shock and tyre pump in one. Linden Cycles has it.

Yeah, that's the one

I have one too.

Looks nice. Price?

Does anybody still use a pump? I guess I just got lazy, I only carry bombs.

I can't afford bombs :(

If you're fussy about riding at a certain pressure, I don't see how it will be practical to replace a pump with bombs. Unless they come with gauges nowadays or if you have better talents at judging pressure than I do ;)

Edited by Nick.

I also had a telescopic pump that has just vanished into thin air. I must say, I did not enjoy it. The volume was great but it felt as if it was going to fall apart each pump stroke. The lever felt way to long (if that makes any sense)

Guest OliBolli

I have one too.

I brought one of these as well also at linden works very well

I had a puncture the other day and both bombs were duds.Must say they about 3 years old.

Gone back to using a pump in my pocket

Bought the Zefal Micro.

My Ryder CO2 unit actually exploded in my hand a couple of years ago, scared the crap out of me and I half expected to see a hole in my hand! I have also had dud bombs as well.