• Created
  • Last Reply

Ok let's do it then.

Monark, are you in?

So far, we've got:

1. Ryanpmb
  2. tombeej
  3. GrantC

Suggested dates? I'm available any time from May onwards, obviously over a weekend.

Ok let's do it then.

Monark, are you in?

So far, we've got:

• Ryanpmb
  • tombeej
  • GrantC
Suggested dates? I'm available any time from May onwards, obviously over a weekend.
I'll have a few guys keen to join.

I suggest a Sat night. Sat we do Pmb - Allandale. Nice stretch with a bit of everything and a super overnight stop.

Sunday Allandale - Centacow. This will give guys time to travel back in the afternoon. Ntsikeni is a bugger to get to by car so not a great place to be collected. It's also a MASSIVE afternoon getting there from Centacow.

At a later stage we can start from Centacow and go to Glen Edward.

Dates could be tricky as lots of guys might be doing recce's in this stretch before June. I'll ask the race office for available dates if we're in agreement on my route suggestion...

I'll have a few guys keen to join.

I suggest a Sat night. Sat we do Pmb - Allandale. Nice stretch with a bit of everything and a super overnight stop.

Sunday Allandale - Centacow. This will give guys time to travel back in the afternoon. Ntsikeni is a bugger to get to by car so not a great place to be collected. It's also a MASSIVE afternoon getting there from Centacow.

At a later stage we can start from Centacow and go to Glen Edward.

Dates could be tricky as lots of guys might be doing recce's in this stretch before June. I'll ask the race office for available dates if we're in agreement on my route suggestion...

Awesome.

The other logistical issue is getting everyone back to their cars in PMB on Sunday. Would we need to hire a bus?

Edit: I see that the distance by road (R617) from the Glen Edward school back to PMB is 200 km. Quite a distance. Folks must budget to arrive back at their car in PMB well after dark on Sunday night.

Ooo...

ja couldn't even walk. Riding partner suggested 2 Rennies (which he luckily had on him) which did the trick. Unfortunately he only suggested the Rennies near the top. To be fair he was way ahead of me, so I only caught up near the top when he waited for me.

Awesome.

The other logistical issue is getting everyone back to their cars in PMB on Sunday. Would we need to hire a bus?

Edit: I see that the distance by road (R617) from the Glen Edward school back to PMB is 200 km. Quite a distance. Folks must budget to arrive back at their car in PMB well after dark on Sunday night.

Should be at Centacow midday.

Let's see how many peeps we have and organise logistics from there.

I am in! Ryan, I am happy to contribute to your costs or to drive you etc. You guys will just need to be patient with my slowness.

Should be at Centacow midday.

Let's see how many peeps we have and organise logistics from there.

My bad, I didn't read your post properly, i.e. finishing Centocow, not Glen Edward.

Looking at the map, it's 122 km back to PMB by road from the Centocow Mission.

post-22004-0-96737600-1429166780_thumb.jpg

Would you blokes be so kind to spread bread crumbs as you go along so I can find my way in June ?

yes for me too please...

I am in! Ryan, I am happy to contribute to your costs or to drive you etc. You guys will just need to be patient with my slowness.

Thanks for the offer Monark. I'll be happy to just be on the trail again :thumbup: .

My bad, I didn't read your post properly, i.e. finishing Centocow, not Glen Edward.

Looking at the map, it's 122 km back to PMB by road from the Centocow Mission.

Centacow to Glen Edward is a beeg stretch... Centacow to Ntiskeni is tough enough.

An alternative is to do Allendale - Nstikeni on Sat and then Nstikeni - Glen Edward Sunday morning. Although this is a little more complicated logistically.

If we leave from PMB, cars can be left at my place etc...

I have a double cab with a two bike bike rack... my lady can collect and we will be able to get three bikes and bodies into my van.

I have a double cab with a two bike bike rack... my lady can collect and we will be able to get three bikes and bodies into my van.

I have a two bike platform tow bar rack which we can hitch to your cab too...

Archived