2015 S Works Epic

Johny Bravo

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If "ever" they make the EPIC's in XXL - i will buy one !!!!!!! otherwise i will stick with my Stumpjumper !!!!

how tall are you if you need an Xxl?

Just went for a browse at cyclelab fourways. Didn't know they sell specialize, saw a brand new s-works epic marathon size medium in black 2014 (with swat, xtr brakes & groupo) on display for just under 97k? That's already 13k less compared to when they came out?

Just went for a browse at cyclelab fourways. Didn't know they sell specialize, saw a brand new s-works epic marathon size medium in black 2014 (with swat, xtr brakes & groupo) on display for just under 97k? That's already 13k less compared to when they came out?

The bike we're talking about is the 2015 model..

Sooooo lets see then (... as he pounds his abacus...) it's still roughly 30k overpriced?

New price on a 2014 was R106 999 to be exact. any bike shop would at least give 10 percent discount on that. If your bike shop really loves you 15 percent. So that price is spot on.

Even if one has the ZAR for a bike in this price range, can you really justify actually spending that much if you are a weekend warrior or epic "warrior" ..... I know this is a call for another thread, but these prices are getting insane now.

Even if one has the ZAR for a bike in this price range, can you really justify actually spending that much if you are a weekend warrior or epic "warrior" ..... I know this is a call for another thread, but these prices are getting insane now.

Overheard in brakpan a few weeks ago.

"Al vra hulle R1000 vir n bottle brannewyn...dis nog steeds n bargain."

I know you are not the biggest Spez fan, and love to bash them. But their pricing is not soo bad. S works is another level. I recently wanted to buy a new trail bike. Loved the new Trek fuel, price was R 62 000, best one I could find. Mix of slx and xt parts, Alu rims. Eventually bought the Specialized Stumpy fsr, R 58 000, carbon crank, xo groupset, carbon rims, and comes with the brain suspension. Also looked at Rocky mountain, crazy expensive, and considered a Tallboy LT, need a Bee tender to buy that one. Bikes are just generally waaaay to pricey.

The bike we're talking about is the 2015 model..

Yes I know. Just thinking the old 2014 stock price will drop much more when the new 2015 stock hit our shores. Still not sure how the bike landed on the cyclelab floor.

New price on a 2014 was R106 999 to be exact. any bike shop would at least give 10 percent discount on that. If your bike shop really loves you 15 percent. So that price is spot on.

Some shops were selling for just under 110k when it just hit our shores.

Santa cruz don,t have to give bikes away or sponsor every other wannabe to get sales .It is all done by word of mouth .As a spez owner you are paying for the marketing when you buy an overinflated bling-works

thats why u dont see so many SC

Guest Smimby

how tall are you if you need an Xxl?

I asked the same thing, and Stumpjumper is only XL also

I know you are not the biggest Spez fan, and love to bash them. But their pricing is not soo bad. S works is another level. I recently wanted to buy a new trail bike. Loved the new Trek fuel, price was R 62 000, best one I could find. Mix of slx and xt parts, Alu rims. Eventually bought the Specialized Stumpy fsr, R 58 000, carbon crank, xo groupset, carbon rims, and comes with the brain suspension. Also looked at Rocky mountain, crazy expensive, and considered a Tallboy LT, need a Bee tender to buy that one. Bikes are just generally waaaay to pricey.

I am not a big Spez marketing fan.

One of the best riding bikes I have ridden was a demo Stumpy when they were still running 120mm travel front and back.

They are a marketing company, no-doubt, that happens to make world championship winning MTB and Road bikes.

It is the riders doing the winning .... look at the DH scene and there one finds the Santa Cruz boys (Using the Santa brand here in reference to previous posts) wining many world cup and champs titles.

But really now, for the average rider not out to win big races is a bike with this price tag really even necessary ... I think not.