Help Me design or buy the best bike stand for a restaurant.

Tree Hubber

That could work go rustic with the gum poles and and keep the bar height is low enough so the kiddies can't swing. The question then is how high.

Very hard to swing on a bar when its full of bikes. Maybe dont sand the bar, so its full of splinters. :devil:

1.5m maybe?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much space do you have ?

Other thoughts might be why dont you have a row of hooks on a wall ? Folks can hang the bikes from the front wheel garage style ?

Or how about a thickish tree log? just cut grooves in so the front tyre sits in the groove. A log placed in the middle of the lawn and you can have bikes on both sides of the log. Nice rustic look.

post-24697-0-75731300-1405422304_thumb.jpg

in that design you can use both sides of one log

Edited by hayleyearth

If rustic is not in your plans. I quite like this stand. It uses less spaces and if you're like me don't like to wedge your spokes in one frame, I'm leaning towards this!

post-37324-0-63093600-1405423841_thumb.jpg

here is the "hang by saddle" option made from metal.

two a frames suspending a pipe (this one is collapsable)

post-38473-0-25534500-1405424283_thumb.jpg

I think this is the way forward although the height of the bar being about 1200mm max that should still give a XL 29er wheel clearance at the back. I've only got a L 650B so I guessing here. I can't see it needing to be any higher.

The one at Giba is also A-Frame styled. Works like a charm.... also makes you want to "borrow" all the pretty bikes :P you could always run a current through the metal pipe....... should keep the kids off ;)

The simplest solution is usually the best solution.

I'd go with the 'hang by saddle' design.

I agree with the 'triathlon style' way.

post-24697-0-16114800-1405416990_thumb.jpg

Then one doesnt have to worry about wheel sizing and thickness and also only the front wheel can go in most of the other style ones because of RD's.

Something like gum poles might be the cheapest too.

This one, cheap easy, robust, can even lock the bike if you want to

Have you seen the ones we have outside CWC. Does not take up a lot of space.

Hi Chris can you repost the image....it's not showing. Also do you know where you can buy stands off the shelf.

Race stand FTW. Anything you wedge your wheel into has the potential to mash a derailleur and/or pretzel a wheel when the fat kid gets shoved into it.

A stash of doughnuts nearby should keep said fat kid from swinging on it, sounds far too much like exercise anyway...

:ph34r: