wattbikes at virgin - fitness test

Anyone noticed the big discrepancy between the wattbike MMP result and the MMP recorded on garmin connect?

To clarify.... I did the 3min test on wattbike and result was 446 watts. Had my 910xt paired so Look at the data for the test on garmin connect, select the 1min average max power (above the power graph) and get 506 watts.

Anyone know which is the correct one or did I read average power from the wattbike and not MMP?

Ok so if I select custom on gc and select 3mins I get back to 446 watts. Guess that answers my own question. Dammit Rouxjtie's program just got worse!!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so if I select custom on gc and select 3mins I get back to 446 watts. Guess that answers my own question. Dammit Rouxjtie's program just got worse!!

kekekekkeke...not easy, but luckily short and sweet...50 min of all out kukking your pant, and then you finished

Hi all, very interesting thread...I'm also on a wattbike in the gym and loving it!  I'm using their level 4 training program for most of my training for the DC.  Unfortunately with 2 young kids my training times are limited to very early in the morning (gym) and at least once on the weekend (on the road).

I'm 4 weeks into the programme so am still at the easy sessions but am feeling good!  Thing is I'm signed up to do the One Tonner at the end of October and don't want to overtrain the week coming up to the one Tonner meaning I bonk on it but also I don't want to undertrain either as according to the plan  (see below) that week before should be a fairly intensive one!

Would appreciate any suggestions as to the best way to deal with this conundrum! 

Also I'm a little worried that I'm putting a lot of faith in this programme.....it doesn't seem to have a lot of hours relative to some other road based training plans I've seen, Rouxtje you suggested earlier that it not about the time but the numbers?

Thanks!

Week9.tiff

Hi all, very interesting thread...I'm also on a wattbike in the gym and loving it!  I'm using their level 4 training program for most of my training for the DC.  Unfortunately with 2 young kids my training times are limited to very early in the morning (gym) and at least once on the weekend (on the road).

I'm 4 weeks into the programme so am still at the easy sessions but am feeling good!  Thing is I'm signed up to do the One Tonner at the end of October and don't want to overtrain the week coming up to the one Tonner meaning I bonk on it but also I don't want to undertrain either as according to the plan  (see below) that week before should be a fairly intensive one!

Would appreciate any suggestions as to the best way to deal with this conundrum! 

Also I'm a little worried that I'm putting a lot of faith in this programme.....it doesn't seem to have a lot of hours relative to some other road based training plans I've seen, Rouxtje you suggested earlier that it not about the time but the numbers?

Thanks!

attachicon.gifWeek9.tiff

meneer what I meant by that was that high intensity interval training conditions you to sit in the hurt zones for longer as well as recover quicker when you do go there. That doesnt mean that low intensity isn't needed at all...

You really want to do a mixed bag of training(long rides at low intensity)...I normally do mine over the weekends cause I got time and then short hard ones in the week.

Gotcha thanks.....all high intensity pain during the week it is so and the weekend rides will be low intensity time in the saddle!

Gotcha thanks.....all high intensity pain during the week it is so and the weekend rides will be low intensity time in the saddle!

Yea, also try and have a rest day between the HIT sessions in the week. Something like this

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - HIT

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - HIT

Friday - Rest

Saturday - Group ride

Sunday - Group ride

Also take some immune booster just to ensure you dont get a loogy.

Cool thanks.....the wattbike training programme is setup with HIT and recovery days so looks like it might be a good plan to stick with that and use some of those sessions into low intensity group rides.

Has anyone used a Bryton (I have a Rider 50) with the Wattbike?

Looking for an easy way to save and export to Training Peaks. 

Has anyone used a Bryton (I have a Rider 50) with the Wattbike?

Looking for an easy way to save and export to Training Peaks.

You can't link to watt bike. Just take flash drive along and save it to the flash and upload from pc

You can't link to watt bike. Just take flash drive along and save it to the flash and upload from pc

That sucks. 

Probably then get the Wahoo ANT+ connector for iPhone. 

The Bryton picks up the data from the Wattbike but it didn't record the last time I tried. Is there not some setting to get that fixed? 

Thanks.

It's actually quite simple. 

You just have to go to "sensors" on the Bryton. Then "speed/cadence" and rescan. It might not pick up the right bike on the first try but then just rescan. 

When speed is linked, you can record the workout. 

It's actually quite simple.

You just have to go to "sensors" on the Bryton. Then "speed/cadence" and rescan. It might not pick up the right bike on the first try but then just rescan.

When speed is linked, you can record the workout.

Oh, shot. Will try that. Didn't work for me first when I tried

• 2 months later...

Oh, shot. Will try that. Didn't work for me first when I tried

Download the IPBike app onto your phone and that picks up the watt bikes and can upload to Training peaks, strava etc.

Gets better copperhead....for a limited time I will email you great 3 month structured program based on your zones...for free.

Get me that number and pm your email address...rouxtjie will do the rest. :thumbup:

Hi Rouxtjie, I assume you are a coach of some sorts. Where can I get hold of you for further information. Do you have a website? I don't expect you to offer your service free for me as well and are willing to pay. I need to get back in shape for the Argus and R4S. I kakked in the 94.7

Gave this 3 minute test a bash yesterday and I have to say it does hurt:-) managed a 402 MMP so now that I know my zones it is time to start training again. Rouxtjie how do we get hold of the mentioned training plan?

Thanks for all the info guys.

I did a 20-minute test in October, but the results show as the MMP (average watts for 3 minute test) - I averaged 237W.

My 12-week training block starts in a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to seeing some REAL results and improvement.

Archived