Bonus

From The Inner Ring

The Finish: the profile should speak for itself. A rolling start before a steep section after 5km, enough to start ejecting riders from a group but the descent and flat section allows the leaders to hide their game in the slipstream of others. But it’s the final five kilometres that are the most selective, it’s a large and well-surfaced road. The slope eases to the line and the gradient is well below 8% for the final moments.

The Scenario: another stage with two stories, one for the stage win and another for the overall contenders? Possibly but anyone going clear early needs to be climbing well from the start so they’re likely sitting high on GC already. The final climb today is hard but only its upper slopes are to be feared but the San Lorenzo is tough and enough to break up any breakaway.

post-12015-0-11080100-1410160399_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale something I've noticed, are there no HC climbs in the Vuelta or are they using a different system?

Dale something I've noticed, are there no HC climbs in the Vuelta or are they using a different system?

Not 100% sure but I caught some commentary yesterday where they mentioned that there are 2 climbs rated as 'ESP' or something which is their equivalent to HC or 'worse'. It is still categorized as 1 but with the (ESP) next to it. I think they mentioned that yesterday's final climb was one and there is another on stage 20.

But the Hub Oracle of road cycling (read : Dale) should know the 100% answer :D

Edited by hboli4

I read in cyclingnews that Froome has stated that he is using the Vuelta as preparation for next season “I don’t want to diminish the Vuelta, but I am using it to be ready physically and mentally for next year. I’m already looking to 2015.” Not going to win him fans....

I read in cyclingnews that Froome has stated that he is using the Vuelta as preparation for next season “I don’t want to diminish the Vuelta, but I am using it to be ready physically and mentally for next year. I’m already looking to 2015.” Not going to win him fans....

Bull something... If he's training and not competing, then why is he fighting for 'Berto's wheel :mellow:

Bull something... If he's training and not competing, then why is he fighting for 'Berto's wheel :mellow:

I think he suffers from foot in the mouth disease.

berto just been very quite and just goes about his business.. unfortunate about le tour, but had a very good year up till now #respect

Todays break:

Rohan Dennis (BMC)

Laurens ten Dam (Belkin)

Luis León Sánchez (Caja Rural-RGA Seguros)

Peter Kennaugh (Sky)

Ivan Rovny (Tinkoff-Saxo)

Alessandro De Marchi (Cannondale)

Romain Sicard (Europcar)

Johan Le Bon (FDJ.fr)

Wouter Poels (Omega Pharma-QuickStep)

Gianluca Brambilla (Omega Pharma-QuickStep)

Damiano Cunego (Lampre-Merida)

Peio Bilbao (Caja Rural-RGA Seguros)