Broken Rear Derailleur

AdriaanT

Hi everyone,

This weekend I Broke the inner plate of my rear derailleur in two. It's a XT Deore 10spd. Does anyone know where I can get a new plate or know someone who wants to sell theirs, because the two shops I all ready spoke to told me that the only answer is a new derailleur :o :thumbdown:.

Thanks

post-15681-0-81607200-1406531392_thumb.jpeg

Mine broke like that aswell, replaced with a new one. Asked LBS to order that part, been 2 months and still nothing, and these guys go out of there way, the shimano guys are not coming to the party!

XT Rear Derailleur M781

hubmarket-11091-0-19810100-1405602570_med.jpg

XT rear derailleur (M781), 10 speed, long cage, non-clutch, extremely good cond R450.

Local collection/pickup preferred.

Contact via whatsapp/sms/email. 0836882228.

This should help you with the part number for the replacement inner plate as long as you know your RD model number.

http://si.shimano.com/#models/

I don't know who could order it for you though and it'll probably take aaageeeesssssss.

I'm always happy if something break, then I can get a new one. Not so happy with opening the wallet.

The happiness and sadness cancels each other out, so my feeling stays neutral when I buy new parts!!! :mellow:

Contact Coolheat, they assisted me with parts for my xt derailer. asked about the part on facebook and was answered pretty quickly. That part was R100 for mine.

Edited by Mojoman

Pratley steel with a splint on the outside will fix it .Splint it with a piece of carbon or aluminium from a softdrink can top

You can definitely get that part. What model is that?

Will look in the cupboard...

If you cannot get one, I can make you one as a last resort. I have the same RD. It will be much less than a new RD.

Edited by GreatGusto

Thanks for all the replies! I had a look, its a RD-M780, Ridin dirty. I'll try to get in touch with Coolheat as well.

eBay has plenty of them, not too expensive

I looked on eBay and only found one supplier and he only ships around in Italy -_-

I've looked before, found a few who would ship to Sa, maybe try different part numbers and keywords when searching. I also look on eBay.co.uk and .com

You can definitely get that part. What model is that?

Will look in the cupboard...

Okay I tried Coolheat, eBay.com and ebay.co.uk nothing. Any luck on that look in the cupboard? It's a XT Deore M780 derailleur, the inner plate's part number is Y5XF10100.

Thanks!