Ladies Your Help Please

rad006

Hi Ladies

I am sure you remember how painful your first cycle was without proper shorts and vowed never to ride again after your lady bits were destroyed...

So I would like to get my girlfriend into cycling and to avoid her suffering from the same fate I would like to purchase her a decent set of shorts.

I can get these Pearl Izumi's for a fair price:

http://shop.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=106&product_id=2104463&outlet=&color_code=021

Or what do you suggest?

Max budget is around R1300

I do not want to go the normal Cape Storm/Anatomic route at all..

Castelli are great. Pearl iZumi also good. No-bib is best I think. All the chicks I ride with prefer no bibs. Easier if you need the loo and generally more comfy.

my wife had lots of complaints until we got her a ladies specific saddle.

she was able to do Iroman in April with a set of quiver shorts (no chamois) as a result of a comfy saddle.

so IMHO get a decent saddle

http://cdn3.coresites.mpora.com/twc/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Selle_Italia_Diva_Gel_Flow_Saddle-black2.jpg

Last time I checked I am a lady. I prefer to ride with bibs, they fit better. But a lot of ladies prefer to ride with no-bib shorts, either way is good I guess.

Currently I am riding with Santini, waiting for more money to try out the Nalini range, you could also consider a unisex short/bib, also confortable.

Just checked out the Pearl Izumi Shorts, I would definitely go for the more expensive one of the two, cheaper is cheaper and not better.

Good quality chamois cream is a must and needless to say, no undies under the bib/shorts, because chaffing is the ride killer.

And I agree with previous post, ladies specific saddle and correct bike fit, will also go a long way.

Edited by Cargyrl

Also ride Santini bib shorts and have that Selle Italia Diva saddle above.

Done plenty stage races no problems BUT have also used Cape Storm Nitros and they were just fine too.

My opinion? Saddle more important than the shorts!

I have a few pearl izumis, but they're older and they've changed their padding a since then.

I prefer bibs over shorts, but still also use shorts. To start out though, maybe go the shorts route.

Most important is definitely the saddle, if you have that, then the padding isn't really necessary. I prefer riding with less padding then it's not so bulky.

Forgot to add, I've got a couple of sets of anatomic bibs, and quite happy with them as well.

Any specific reason you don't want to go that route? Just out of curiosity.

Definitely get a lady specific saddle. I also have the selle italia diva and have done everything form 1400km audax's to tri's on it. Much better than the unisex fizik I had before than, with the same cycling shorts.

Decent saddle is key. Tried different type of bibs and as soon as I got a Sella Italia Diva, my problems were solved.

my wife had lots of complaints until we got her a ladies specific saddle.

she was able to do Iroman in April with a set of quiver shorts (no chamois) as a result of a comfy saddle.

so IMHO get a decent saddle

http://cdn3.coresites.mpora.com/twc/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Selle_Italia_Diva_Gel_Flow_Saddle-black2.jpg

I have two of these for sale (the wider width, think its 153) if anyone wants. so many ladies raved about them, but they don't work for me at all.