Bike shop armed robbery!!!

Marz Cycles

Hi guys, I have a secondhand bike shop in 185 Main Road Newlands Johannesburg (Marz Cycles) that was robbed under gun point by 4 coloured males 4am on Monday 4th August 2014! They held my caretaker/security at gun point while they forced the front door open with a crowbar, setting off the alarm and managed to get away with 3 bicycles in a white Toyota bakkie. The police from the Sophiatown police station right across the road from the shop acted "very swiftly" and got there at about 7am (3 hours later)...nuf said!

Here are the details of the bikes with some pics:

2012 Merida Race Lite 904 (Shimano 105 Group)

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/99106-2013-merida-904-race-58cm/

2013 Scott Spark 920 (Shimano XT Group)

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/99557-2013-scott-spark-920-carbon-29er-med-stolen/

Avalanche kids 24" red and white

For any information please contact me @ 0836321120

Thanks

Edited by Marz Cycles

Thanks guys but it was my caretaker/security that was held under gun point and yes thank the Lord that he is ok!!!

Sorry Jeepers it is Newlands Johannesburg!

oh...its just so happens that both newlands have a Main Rd running through them....I just assumed.

anyway...regardless of location..its just not on...

Hey Maurius, I suspect that these bikes may be stripped and the items sold off individually - however - I will keep my eyes peeled for you. Keep an eye out on the classifieds here on the hub as well as olx and gumtree - was reading a post earlier where it appeared that the guy who stole a Momsen Vipa was trying to resell it here on the hub as well as gumtree.

Edited by ValeYellow

Hey Maurius, can't believe this **** . Hope the security guy gets over the shock.Take care my man.

Thanks Valverde! Hope you are still enjoying the Scalera!

Really sad and scary at the same time, I hope that your stolen goods will return safely to your arms soon. I hope the okes who did this give birth to a big roll of barbwire.

Edited by Ruan de Lange

Sorry to hear about this. Violent bike crime is now out of hand all over the country. I've been doing a lot of Googling to find devices for self-protection and to assist recovering stolen bicycles. Most available GPS devices are expensive, have short battery life and require some sort of subscription fee for tracking. Perhaps the most cost effective solution at the moment is DataDot Microdot. Brush on a 1000 near invisible microdots all over your bicycle. A UV reader device will pick up the dots and positively identify the bike or components. Kit available for R449. See: http://datadot.co.za/datadot_buy_for_bicycle.php