C4 Cycles Fail - FiT Sportslab Major Win

ValeYellow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RESPONSE:

Hi , thank you for your email. We will gladly assist you in one way or the other. All we need to ascertain whether the ratchet is covered under a warranty claim or not is like you said, a clear photo of the shoes, a photo of the ratchet as well as a clear photo of the ratchet system area on the left/right shoe which it broke on. We will then be able to make an accurate decision.

Where are you based and which store did you purchase your shoes from?

I will also be able to ascertain from the photos which model of shoes you have as the heading mentions 2 different models of shoes...Montana XT3 and T-Flex which is a Carbon model.

Regards,

Gavin Richardson

FiTsportslab

Edited by ValeYellow

If the buckle broke in a crash - not covered.

If it broke while putting the shoes on - should be covered and the shoes should be replaced by the importer.

A mate ripped the sole of his LG shoe clean off (after 6 months of ownership). He took the shoes back to the shop who sent them to the supplier, who in turn replaced the shoes with a new pair, free of charge.

Edited by divernick

Sorry to high jack this thread but i had a similar problem only with a GPS unit...(will not mention the brand). My first unit was 9 months old and started fogging up behind the screen which ended up calling it quits. Phoned the suppliers and they would take a look if i courier it to them. COOL...done!

So 3 weeks later received a phone call to say my package is on its way with new unit. Happy days.....But 13 months later same story but only this time my unit did not charge neither would it switch on. So sent it back. I received a phone call again. This time from the technician.

Sorry sir we can not repair it and its out of warranty....You can however pay R800 for a replacement unit and we will send you one again.....Needles to say, what happened to the 2 year warranty per unit and why would i let myself be burnt again with the same product and be R 800 bucks out of pocket....? Thanks but no thanks. The unit is still by them and they can keep it for all i care...Bought a R 500 jobby and works just fine.

I have been saying it for a while now...Customer service in this country is a complete F@#$% up. Bottom line..People who have successful businesses are the ones who place their customers first because they are the ones that keep the doors open. AS long as he or she walks out the door with a smile he or she will always come back to support you. Place them above your own personal gain and you'll make a success of anything regarding retail.

Just my 2cents

My buckle also broke within two months, CWC R150 for 2. I didnt ask if it was covered as I would never expect a small little piece of plastic to be covered by warranty. If they had offered me a R50 fix I would have smiled ear to ear and been done with it.

Sorry to high jack this thread but i had a similar problem only with a GPS unit...(will not mention the brand). My first unit was 9 months old and started fogging up behind the screen which ended up calling it quits. Phoned the suppliers and they would take a look if i courier it to them. COOL...done!

So 3 weeks later received a phone call to say my package is on its way with new unit. Happy days.....But 13 months later same story but only this time my unit did not charge neither would it switch on. So sent it back. I received a phone call again. This time from the technician.

Sorry sir we can not repair it and its out of warranty....You can however pay R800 for a replacement unit and we will send you one again.....Needles to say, what happened to the 2 year warranty per unit and why would i let myself be burnt again with the same product and be R 800 bucks out of pocket....? Thanks but no thanks. The unit is still by them and they can keep it for all i care...Bought a R 500 jobby and works just fine.

I have been saying it for a while now...Customer service in this country is a complete F@#$% up. Bottom line..People who have successful businesses are the ones who place their customers first because they are the ones that keep the doors open. AS long as he or she walks out the door with a smile he or she will always come back to support you. Place them above your own personal gain and you'll make a success of anything regarding retail.

Just my 2cents

sounds like Garmin

I am with the original poster on this one! If I buy anything and it breaks after 2 months after reasonable use and not abuse, I would definitely return it and definitely expect it to be fixed free of charge. If manufacturers cannot make a buckle that lasts then they should have developed a better buckle and withdrawn the shoes from the market that had defective buckles. I think it boils down to the fact that it is a hassle for shop owners to put the claim in with the supplier and/or agent and therefore takes the easy road and demands that the consumer must cough up to pay! There is an old saying "if you don't keep your customers happy, someone else is going too!' You LBS has lost a customer!

Some shops manage to negotiate these kinds of situations so both parties leave feeling a fair deal has been done, whether it's at no charge or not, others make you feel like a skelm for expecting an item may be covered under some kind of warranty. Has anyone confirmed if the failure should have been covered by a warranty?

Some shops manage to negotiate these kinds of situations so both parties leave feeling a fair deal has been done, whether it's at no charge or not, others make you feel like a skelm for expecting an item may be covered under some kind of warranty. Has anyone confirmed if the failure should have been covered by a warranty?

in one of my earlier posts, I inserted the response from FiT, they want pics, original invoice, and bike shop details - and will decide if it is a warrenty claim or not. what I make of this is that is the buckle is all scuffed and scratched, then that is possible abuse and sorry but no cigar. will post pics....

Can we some pics as well, please?

pic as promised

I am sure you will agree that the shoes are pretty much brand new, barring some dust from this past Saturdays race. The two pics of the ratchet system. Please note that the ratchet system on the shoe in the first pic is the replacement SIDI ones I paid R50 for.

Edited by ValeYellow

R50.00 for a SIDI buckle, you got off cheap they normally R200.00 for the set

Indeed, but like I have said on multiple occassions, its not about the R50 - its the principle of the matter. I actually wonder how different the responses would be had I not mentioned that I paid R50 for the SIDI buckles??

Indeed, but like I have said on multiple occassions, its not about the R50 - its the principle of the matter. I actually wonder how different the responses would be had I not mentioned that I paid R50 for the SIDI buckles??

I fully agree with you, they should have simply fixed the buckle at no charge, and they would have had you as a customer in future. My comment was a merely an observation.

Morning Hubbers, so I sent Gavin an email last night and at 07h30 this morning I got the following response from him:

Hi , from what I can see the shoes look in good condition to me. I will be in RandPark Ridge area myself on Tuesday next week. If you give me your exact address I will bring a spare ratchet with me so I can fit it for you.

Regards,

Gavin Richardson

FiTsportslab

Pity the bike shop did not adopt the same approach, they would not have lost a customer.