Hard-tail vs Dual Suspension 2014

Runbikeswim

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both and love both.

In saying that my dual suss does have a awesome shock that locks out completely at the back and feels like a hardtail.

I tried riding a hardtail after a few years of riding my DS, it felt like I was standing one of those vibrating exercise machines with wheels attached to it...

I have both and love both.

In saying that my dual suss does have a awesome shock that locks out completely at the back and feels like a hardtail.

Same here....also have both. Road Bike and Mountain Bike. Road Bike ride is definitely harder but I think its due to skinny tyres and higher pressures.

I rode my HT for about a year before going DS and it's made the whole experience better for my body and overall enjoyment. I think anyone starting MTB'ing should start on a HT to really appreciate a DS later on. IMO.

I rode my HT for about a year before going DS and it's made the whole experience better for my body and overall enjoyment. I think anyone starting MTB'ing should start on a HT to really appreciate a DS later on. IMO.

I second this, After riding a H/T for a few years moving on to D/S helped my skill set allot on the trails

Same here....also have both. Road Bike and Mountain Bike. Road Bike ride is definitely harder but I think its due to skinny tyres and higher pressures.

Ballies of today, fokkit :nuke:

I had hard tails, then a dual suspension and now I have a hard tail again.

I must be the only **** that has never ridden a FS bike

couldnt stand mine....hated it in both 26 and 29 format....just not for me I suppose

It looks like everyone is in for a DS but in my opinion a HT is the way to guy.

"REAL MEN RIDE HARDTAIL"

Get aggressive, commit to the trail and the bike will reward you with hours of fun. I ride plenty Marathons as well as stage races and never had a problem, make sue your bike is setup properly and you'll be comfortable.