So upset by Momsen

NixM

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MAGENTA! Aaaaaaagh, sputter-sputter, choke, hicccup, eeeegh :ph34r: Black on black for me ;)

Oi, what's wrong with magenta? T-Mobile ring any bells. Okay, there was that one hubber with a magenta boa, but the less said about him the better...

At least Vipa is home grown :)

Chat to your LBS and get a number so you can request a custom paint job from the Vipa team..

Don't expect miracles but it's worth a try?

At least Vipa is home grown :)

Chat to your LBS and get a number so you can request a custom paint job from the Vipa team..

Don't expect miracles but it's worth a try?

It will most probably be a number with a +86 dialling code, which will be answered in Mandarin.

It is only home grown in the sense of being designed locally.

I'm sure Momsen do their homework as to what will best move their product - pink is divisive amongst women riders, but there must be enough who want it to make it worth their while to push the colour. Lots of good alternatives being suggested from what i can see.

I doubt that they did any real market research. Asking a couple of lady riders in PE does not count as market research.

It is only home grown in the sense of being designed locally.

I like your optimism but I doubt much design happened in ZA. Bike design is best done by mechanical or structural engineers with a good working knowledge of a) the industry and b) the material in question. Then, you would need access to a facility that can make a prototype so that it can be tested. I doubt any of this happened here and that local sales can justify such an upfront cost. At most, the frame was chosen from a catalogue of available designs, perhaps even with some options such as cable routing, BB type etc. It's a little bit like that little Swiss flag on a Volcan. The closest thing Swiss to that design was the cheese on the sandwich eaten by the owner whilst browsing the catalogue. All this doesn't make these bikes bad, or good for that matter, it just says something cynical about patriotism.

I like your optimism but I doubt much design happened in ZA. Bike design is best done by mechanical or structural engineers with a good working knowledge of a) the industry and b) the material in question. Then, you would need access to a facility that can make a prototype so that it can be tested. I doubt any of this happened here and that local sales can justify such an upfront cost. At most, the frame was chosen from a catalogue of available designs, perhaps even with some options such as cable routing, BB type etc. It's a little bit like that little Swiss flag on a Volcan. The closest thing Swiss to that design was the cheese on the sandwich eaten by the owner whilst browsing the catalogue. All this doesn't make these bikes bad, or good for that matter, it just says something cynical about patriotism.

Clearly you don't know Victor Momsen..... he has been designing bikes for more than 20 years... including time with several BIG manufacturers in Asia...

You had better explain " Misogynistic " to him...... use short 1 syllable words....

Ok, I'll try...

@Sworks20: Dude, women are people too. It's unacceptable to be nasty to someone just because they are a woman. Think racism, religious intolerance, etc. All no-nos.

Sorry, couldn't do it with one syllable words without swearing.

Also to the fact that the Vipa was a combined effort between Victor Momsen and Patrick Morewood.

Some comments cleaned out.

Apologies if yours was in the cross fire.

Member also warned.

Aaagh, you didn't have to remove the one about it being that time of the month, it really didn't upset me. I found it kind of funny as it really just showed the poster to be rather primative.

Anyway I really like Momsen brand and have been watching the VIPAs with envy. I incorrectly assumed (assumption being the mother of all F*&%& ups) that by advertising a Ladies VIPA they would have brought out a small 29er which I would actually fit on. That fact that they have just rebranded the original VIPA makes it all rather peculiar.

And have have owned a pink bike - a giant T mobile, if Jan could ride it so can I. The sterotype of this bike just annoyed me.

Guest Smimby

me be thinking you was thread sending direction different ... :0

not sure what you are on about.......