Brandon Stewart

Mousea

you're foolish to comment on this thread, let alone even read it - let it run its course and be done with it.

I do not for one minute accept that you "made a mistake" - exactly the defence that Oscar has proffered, and lets see how that goes in a few days.

Where your entire livelihood - everything you do and and have built up over the years revolves around being MASSIVELY careful and cautious around PEDs,- to try to tell me that you would be so casual or slapdash with what could be compared to handling a live grenade does not wash my friend. When dealing with something so potentially explosive to your life and career, and you expect people to believe that you would have handled it in such a reckless manner stinks of BS (and NOT your initials). Your explanation is not plausible nor believable by a reasonable man

You have to give the guy kudos for responding here though....can't be easy to sit and take snipes from anonymous people...that being said, he deserves his sanction...and blaming SAIDS isn't cricket either, they did what they are being funded to do. Its a pity that the "schoolfees" he is paying is steep, but to remain credible, SAIDS really had no option. It is what it is...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donno hey I don't think any of us really understand how low testosterone levels effect not only your cycling performance but your day to day life.

I can only think that if you start losing something that makes you function properly that it will surely lead to desperate actions.. we are not talking about low blood pressure here where eating some liquorice will help. Testosterone is a key ingredient that makes a man a man.

You have to give the guy kudos for responding here though....can't be easy to sit and take snipes from anonymous people...that being said, he deserves his sanction...and blaming SAIDS isn't cricket either, they did what they are being funded to do. Its a pity that the "schoolfees" he is paying is steep, but to remain credible, SAIDS really had no option. It is what it is...

I would find it extremely difficult to not respond to a thread like this...especially when you are being labelled an alcoholic AND a cheat...but then...thats the life of a professional...you need to dot your i's and cross your t's to ensure that a thread like this does not arise

You have to give the guy kudos for responding here though.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. He clearly thinks that the more he posts his "story" more people will read and believe him. Same quick thinking and PR by him "suspending himself" and blaming SAIDS again for this mess up.

Ok, I've been following this thread trying to gather all the facts and come to my own conclusions. While I don't think SAIDS has covered itself in glory here, BS must be the doffest pro / team owner in the world if he thinks he can just take banned testosterone (pretty much the most heavily sanctioned PED you get) without permission and a proper TUE. Here are my take on the facts:

1. BS is feeling a bit down, so goes off to his GP who says his testosterone levels are low and prescribes that he up his levels.

2. BS phones some bimbo at SAIDS, who says ya no fine go ahead but apply for a TUE.

3. BS applies for the TUE, but decides he will start taking testosterone before said TUE is granted. Regardless of whether he got telephonic or email permission, the fact is that the TUE had not been granted and yet he decided to go ahead and take the testosterone and race anyway.

4. TUE is then denied (we assume for valid reasons).

5. BS now looks like a chop because he has been taking a PED without a TUE, and so starts fighting with SAIDS over the whole mess, and is eventually found guilty.

As others have said, this is all very suspicious behaviour on BS's side. My take is that was grossly negligent, if not taking the stuff intentionally... well, actually he was taking it intentionally...

As a pro, why not just wait a month or two for the outcome of the TUE before starting treatment? He surely must have known there was a possibility that the TUE would be turned down, and then what was he going to do? Would it have seriously affected his carrer not racing for a few months? Why not just tell Fedgroup, "Look, my testosterone is low, I can't race before treatment and while I apply for a TUE, and when that is granted I will start treatment and start racing again." Surely they would have understood, and probably commended his openness and for following due process. But no...

He claims racing is his livelihood, and yet puts that all in jeopardy because he alone thinks he can just go ahead and intentionally take a PED while awaiting the outcome of the exemption for the very PED he is taking??? WTF - being that doff in itself deserves being banned!

If this is your livelihood as a pro and team owner, you make bloody sure you know the rules and follow them, before taking anything which you know is banned.

But no, he like all the other egomaniac (doping) pros out there only cares about himself and the next race. He couldn't wait month or two for a yes or no from SAIDS. He had to take it now, without thinking about the consequences down the line. It is this mentality that is common in virtually every doper that has ever been busted. They only think about themselves and the next performance, screw everyone else and particularly screw the authorities and the rules.

BS, you only have yourself to blame.

Lets also just bear in mind that BS' version is very likely retrofitted as the best possible plausible explanation for why he has been found guilty of doping with PROPER juice.

A more likely scenario is that this fellow has been at it for years. Testing in MTB was practically unheard of a few years ago.

I can only think that if you start losing something that makes you function properly that it will surely lead to desperate actions..

The only thing he lost the ability to do was use Testosterone to get an advantage at races.

I'm sure if Mousea had not made the first post, this would have never got the attention it has.

i think you are right...and I think mousesa had good intentions and was ignorant to the shitstorm that was brewing when he hit "Post"

I would find it extremely difficult to not respond to a thread like this...especially when you are being labelled an alcoholic AND a cheat...but then...thats the life of a professional...you need to dot your i's and cross your t's to ensure that a thread like this does not arise

I am told that the OP is his wife - if that is true, then all bets are off. That is truly obtuse, and smacks of trying to control the story like LA, and we all know how that turned out Edited by Pabloesque

Desperate times call for desperate measures. He clearly thinks that the more he posts his "story" more people will read and believe him. Same quick thinking and PR by him "suspending himself" and blaming SAIDS again for this mess up.

Sure, it doesnt detract from the fact that he cheated. Blaming SAIDS as I said isn't cricket, and I will be very surprised if the sanction gets altered. Their credibility is at stake.

I am told that the OP is his wife - if that is true, then all bets are off. That is truly obtuse, and smacks of trying to control the story like LA, and we all know how that turned out

nah...I think its queen Bee

I am told that the OP is his wife - if that is true, then all bets are off. That is truly obtuse, and smacks of trying to control the story like LA, and we all know how that turned out

Had to google the meaning of " obtuse ". Well, yes

The only thing he lost the ability to do was use Testosterone to get an advantage at races.

I get you don't like him.. but I known men who have testosterone issues.. the ones body doesn't produce it ( he had a brain tumor as a teen and the treatment lead to this) so he needs shots every 2 weeks.. without it he is a girl (his words not mine) the other one is in his late 40's and he says before they knew what it was he thought he was going crazy. . Terrible mood swings, constantly depressed and he gained a whole lot of weight.. now he is on treatment and it is making a huge difference.

I am just saying.. perhaps it lead him to desperate measures just to feel normal again.. was it the right measures.. well obviously not and that's something he will have to live with.

Have you ever seen a professional (I use the term very loosely here) team work so hard to destroy itself as Fedgroup?

I do remember Neotel.