Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. But I think you'll find quite a few people riding on the M3 tomorrow.

Obviously, yes. But part of the ride not on the way to. Hospital bend is closed from 5h30 anyway.

You are NOT allowed to ride on the M3 on the way in. End Of.

Another thino to remember is the timing mats on the route. Chances are there will be some on the M3 on the way in to town. So you'll show up as an aberration and have a chance of not having your time counted.

Just saying.

Thinking of riding down the M3 to the start. Before the first group! Have the choice of ingoing and outgoing sides. Anyone done this before?

Much easier and flatter to go along Main Road.

Yes but more skabangas.

No, it is safe. Many riders all going in the same direction. Very early in the morning. Virtually no traffic. No mugging incidents for quite a while.  

Much easier and flatter to go along Main Road.

A bunch of us are riding from Claremont @ 5:00

Heading down Palmyra and Lower Main Rd

What would the suggested tyre pressure be for tomorrow on 29" tubeless knoblies? Normally go at 1.8-1.9 bar.[/quote

3-3.5 Bar or the max stated on your tyres.

I see that the race numbers have your name on this year.

So now you can say 'Hold your line, 'insert name here' !'   :ph34r:

I just drove down to fishoek and back over on kapse weg and there is no fire and the soot is minimal.. Why did they knee jerk on Wednesday and ruin the tour?

I just drove down to fishoek and back over on kapse weg and there is no fire and the soot is minimal.. Why did they knee jerk on Wednesday and ruin the tour?

Sigh

And if there's a flare up and the fire services need the road. The fire covered more than just the area around OKW

Two possibly (one defintately) so far riding in from Plumstead at 05:45, meeting at Thorp Delta.

Anyone welcome to join, take about 40 minutes easy cruise to town along main road.

Really?

Archived