Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

With the Cycle Tour only being 47kms this year do we still get a special medal for completing both the 55km MTB race and the 47km Road Race?  And does this medal even exist?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move ALL the races to Durbanville ...

Mi casa es su casa  ;)

I would love them to have more road races out that way in late winter and especially in springtime. It is just amazingly beautiful with the grain and canola fields. Look at this picture I took in October, I think.

post-17716-0-53715500-1425914072_thumb.jpg

I think what a lot of people enjoyed about the 47km was able to push moerse hard and go very fast and not needing to sit on the bike for 4hrs. Plus those in it for the party did not have to work that hard either and just had a ball.

Yes this was a "solidarity" ride...but most people in the first groups forgot about this and was going all out. The shorter 47km made this more a TT event. Was awesome!!

Havnt done the long route yet but i am sure it has other perks like the beauty of the surroundings, the endurance required and the feeling that you have achieved something special.

If i may draw this parallel. .. A good solid steady relationship is not bad but sometimes a quicky can be awesome aswell :)

Everyone is says to keep your line, but now I see that it is common practice for tandems to cut the corner....surely this is dangerous as MOST riders dont know that is what you going to do?

Again, there is no thing like hold your line. What exactly do you mean by this? If I am moving in a direction that scares you it is already done.

I have chosen my line, now you tell me to hold it and that is what I intend to do anyway. Get over it. If am in front of you it is my line, whichever one I choose. Deal with it and please don't ask me to hold my line. 

If you must; touch me on my ass (I won't lay a charge) and gently force me where you want me to go back to. That way I know you want me to CHANGE course not HOLD THE CURRENT LINE. 

Thanks for understanding.

I think what a lot of people enjoyed about the 47km was able to push moerse hard and go very fast...

And finish feeling *** strong like you still have a half tank full of gas left.... HOOOOOPLAAA!!!!

From some of the comment - I am PLEASED too note that a few people do believe that if entries were opened to 100 000 to 120 000 probably on either route it would be full in years to come (probably not that many years)!!!

Comment like available hospital bed, parking, accommodation and starting procedure. If you believe the event could not grow to this number of people then some of these issues are not an issue. Just pointing out this observation!

Anybody thinking the upcountry riders will come and support a 47km sprint up and down a highway on a yearly basis must please lay off the aaptwak a bit. We come for everything that comes AFTER this years' turnaround point.

From some of the comment - I am PLEASED too note that a few people do believe that if entries were opened to 100 000 to 120 000 probably on either route it would be full in years to come (probably not that many years)!!!

Comment like available hospital bed, parking and accommodation. If you believe the event could not grow to this number of people then some of these issues are not an issue. Just pointing out this observation!

Lol you think you're the first to think that bigger numbers at the ctct is better for cycling lol...It seems maybe your chip on the shoulder comment was an introspection.

Solve the logistics problem if you want to be the hero. But since your objective is to constantly badger and berate the ppa it's fairly obvious that you are volunteering to take on this massive task of growing cycling.

Best of luck

but that is not racing then.

surely that is then a time trial, which is different from racing.

I figured that cause this is the worlds largest timed event. The winner will be selected by his or her best time over all entrants.

Im new to this. So only learned last night that you need to be in race group to actually win.

Don't know if it's been mentioned. .but did anyone notice that Cavendish removed his helmet when the national anthem was played....but then again most of you guys were there already ...so maybe not ...I had a more civilised starting time of 09h30...????????

Don't know if it's been mentioned. .but did anyone notice that Cavendish removed his helmet when the national anthem was played....but then again most of you guys were there already ...so maybe not ...I had a more civilised starting time of 09h30...????????

I actually did.. also noticed he was the only one who did.

I actually did.. also noticed he was the only one who did.

Have to respect that gesture. ..very cool

He may have 'class' but not particularly eloquent .....

I always battle to understand when he speaks.

Archived