Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did just that. Noticed that my account balance has been debited but there is no confirmation entry on the racetec site, as I did not get the confirmation page or email at the end of the payment process.

Same here.

In my experience:

Rockshox - great fork, you install it, dial in the settings printed on the fork legs and off you go. Handles well and does its job. Easy to maintain.

FOX - Awesome fork, takes your riding to the next level. Setting up takes much longer as you find yourself making small adjustments you wouldn't make with the rockshox. Awesome feedback and handling when you have the settings right. If you haven't got the setup quite right you can feel it and your ride just isn't as much fun or as fast. Maintenance is a little more frequent and can be tricky.

Wrong thread mate ;)

STUPID STUPID STUPID again! :cursing: I'm really getting the moer in with Racetec. It's not like it's the first time they are trying to do this, is it? Tried again, now it tells me one of my kids are already entered and paid for. Impossible. Couldn't go forward or back. Had to bail a 3rd time, bloody pain in the arse! 

Ek het n Capitec rekening wat ek oopgemaak het net vir internet betalings. As ek inskryf vir n race betaal ek net die bedrag oor vanaf my Absa rekening na Capitec debiet Kaart. Net daardie bedrag is beskikbaar, so geen ander betalings kan afgaan nie. Ek het die eerste keer n payment failed boodskap gekry en die tweede probeerslag het betaaling deurgwfaan

Thank you for your email, this is an automated reply.

If you have a query regarding your entry for the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour, please note that we are experiencing problems with our communication link to our bank. As soon as we have resolved it we will re-open the entries. If you have previously tried to enter and had payment issues, we will contact you shortly via email.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust Race Office

Arrgh! Ek skop sommer iets.  :cursing:

is it just me or has the comment posts relating to the payment issues been deleted off the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour facebook page???

They did have some linking issues with the banks causing a few guys to pay more than once.  Seems to be sorted now.

Still not sorted. Billed my account but no acknowledgement of regarding entry or payment.

looks like the joke was on them.............

Long-standing supporters of the Cycle Tour, as well as paid up PPA members, may receive an email affording them an opportunity to test our online system before we go live with entries. This is done purely in the interest of ensuring that our system is running smoothly before we open entries on the 26th of September.

Still not sorted. Billed my account but no acknowledgement of regarding entry or payment.

weird.  my cell beeped immediately and the email was in my box.  

Links issues my ass.  That may have been ONE of the issues.  There were numerous stuff ups today.  Most of the payment problems seems to have been caused because their process waiting for payment responses timed out on their side.

post from a person on there Fb site :After 30mins on the phone waiting, Racetec said that anyone who had a failed registration, but had payment, should receive an email by close of business or first thing in the morning, on instructions, whether you have a single or multiple payment. "your entry is safe, do not do another entry"

Also paid this morning with failure at the payment process.

I just spoke to an operator at racetec (from the number supplied on the "basket summary" page).

He said they were busy reversing all Credit-card transactions that failed to commit entries. Said I should wait until I receive a sms from my bank confirming reversal, and then logon with the link previously supplied and finalise the transaction (go through to payment again).

Also said there might be a chance that the earlier transaction will be committed so better to wait for either the bank sms to confirm reversal, or an email confirming entry. Either way he said I will have an opportunity after the 3 o'clock cut-off to retry if I didn't receive any, as long as I have the link. 

Archived